Fall beauty

We climbed Pinnacle today. Look at the beauty!


At the top. How gorgeous! It was also great exercise. I haven't climbed Pinnacle since I started exercising regularly and it was so much easier to climb!

Last night, we took Rosie trick-or-treating. She was a cheerleader.

Here we are at Mom and Dad's. Hannah has a lot more pictures that I need to get from her. She took her camera around while we were trick-or-treating. I sure do love Rosie Love! She was the cutest thing ever! We took her to one neighborhood that was really flat and has houses close together. She loved it. We went there last year. Then, we took her to our neighborhood, which was packed with people! I have never seen a neighborhood so packed with trick-or-treaters! One house had a TV playing Frankenstein with chairs set up so people could stop and watch. They also had chili and hot dogs for anyone who wanted them. The house next door to that one had a big haunted house. I had heard our neighborhood went all out for Halloween but I didn't realize the extent of it until I was a part of it. I also realized how kind the people around us are. We went trick-or-treating one street over and everyone was just so nice. It felt good. It always feels good when people are nice. I had a neighbor one day yell at me when I was driving down the road on a beautiful day in the convertible. She screamed in a hateful voice, "SLOW DOWN!". It was crazy because I was literally going 25 mph. I always go real slow in our neighborhood because there are a lot of children and dogs. There were none out playing this day, though, and I was just minding my own business going slowly down the road. I know it sounds crazy, but it really hurt my feelings. First, she was so mean. Second, I wasn't doing anything wrong. I am the queen of not wanting people to speed on the streets. Third, I just felt so disrespected. I, of course, slowed down to about 10 mph and said, "Are you talking to ME???". I thought maybe I misheard her or something. I think she was shocked because she said nothing and just glared at me. I then told her that I was going 25 mph which is UNDER the speed limit. You do not know how bad I wanted to go over to her house and talk with her about why she yelled at me when I wasn't speeding. I just came home and prayed about it. I've been reading out of Joel Osteen's devotional and there is one page that I have dog eared. It's about being kind to others. It talks about paying a blessing for an insult. My instinct is to tell people how the "cow ate the cabbage" (in the words of my sweet friend, Calli) when they are mistreating me or anyone I love. I just hate injustice and when others are treated wrong. Anyway, this particular devotional has been really good for me to read. The Bible verse that goes along with it is Matthew 5:38-48 and it talks about loving our enemies. That is HARD to do, especially for a "fireball" like me. It would be impossible if it weren't for Christ. If I ever return a blessing for an insult, that is not me...it's Christ in me. I have been reading that devotion almost every day for a month. It helps me. I thought about doing the "BOO" thing for that neighbor but never did. That's when you surprise your neighbor with candy for Halloween (it's anonymous) and then you put a BOO sign on their door. I never did, though. By the way, this neighbor is not right next door or anything...she's a street over. Oh well, enough about that. Tonight's daylight savings time....so we get an extra hour of sleep!!! I'm all about that!!! Happy Sunday!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Weeksie50 said…
That would of hurt my feelings too. It bothers me when people think of me in an ill fashion.. but like you, I struggle with hiding my emotions at times. I would have wanted to say, Listen here Lady.. Even though, I know the right thing to do.. It is hard sometimes..

I am glad you had a great time trick or treating! I used to love Halloween as a kid because we lived in a great neighborhood where everyone took part.

I live on the outskirts of town so no one drives this far out.. I went to my parents home to hand out candy..but all the houses in their neighborhood are really spread far apart..They only had about 25 trick or treaters. It was funny.. My parents oohed and aahed over all the little kiddos. One crawled up in my Mom's lap and asked her parents if she could just stay. That is how much attention my parents were giving these little tykes.. It was so cute.. They were even nice to the 18 year old trick or treaters that were trick or treating for their sick brother..lol. (Yeah, right) My Mom prayed for him (the sick brother). You could see the quilt on their face..It was almost to funny to watch..