Whoa, my body is so sore from zumba today! I haven't been on a Monday in awhile and the instructor really gives you a workout!! I love it, though! I sure can tell a difference when I go a couple of days without exercising. I don't sleep as well and I notice I get stressed easier. Mar and I walked the base of Pinnacle on Friday....it was 3.5 miles. It was something different for us to do. The 2 weeks before that we climbed Pinnacle and it was so beautiful...we decided we'd change it up a little last week. :) Who knows what we'll do this Friday. I'm sure we'll find something fun that's exercise, though. I can't believe Thanksgiving is only a week and a half away! I'm so excited! I sure hope my sister, Marci, gets to come down from Nebraska. All of the festivities won't be the same without her and her girls. We're praying it will rain in NE where they can come down. Mar is in the kitchen making beans. He has the best bean recipe with bacon and ground beef. He loves making it, too! :) We took Rosebud to the grocery store with us tonight and it felt so good! She had on her hot pink Crocs and little pink tutu...... and she carried her purple boa umbrella with her. It was so much fun having that little precious with us. Everyone is so much nicer when you have a sweet angel like that walking around with you. :) Rosie did the cutest thing last week that I didn't want to forget about so I'm writing it down. Justin was asleep in his and Hannah's room and me and Mar were playing with Rosie in her room (which is adjoined to her parents room). Rosie was playing with her little zebra toy and banging it on her little table...it was pretty loud. I told her very sweetly to be a little quieter with the zebra where her she wouldn't wake up her Daddy. Well, if I ever say anything to Rosie that is negative at all in her eyes, she starts crying. It just breaks her heart. I try to never say no unless I absolutely have to because let's just face it...I'm her aunt (NOT her parent) and my job is to spoil her....her parents can do the disciplining. Anyway, after a minute I was talking to her and asking her why she cries when I say no to her but not when her mommy does (I already know the answer...she's not used to me saying no). Then, Mar starts saying, "Rosie, what do you do when Mar says no?" and going down the list....when he finally got to Poppy, she said, "Poppy doesn't say no!". HAAA!!! And, she's right!!! :) He just loved it when I told him that. I told him in front of her and she looked at him and said, "Poppy, you don't say no to me!". :) Isn't that great!!! After taking Rosie to the store tonight, we went over to Mom and Dad's and ate some yummy food that Mom cooked.....veggies, chicken, sweet potatoes, and biscuits. It was really good. After that, Dad put on a 50's CD and we all danced with Rosie in the kitchen...so much FUN! I love my family! I'm reading a book right now called When Crickets Cry. I couldn't put it down last night so finally at 2:00 AM when I finished a chapter, I made myself put it down because I HAD to go to sleep. I should have just kept reading because my mind was too busy with what I had been reading and I didn't go to sleep until 3 in the morning!!! UGH!!! Usually reading really helps me sleep but not last night. Also, it didn't help that I had a late Sunday nap. This book is good but right now it's really sad and somewhat depressing! I know it will have a good ending, though. I'm sure tonight, I'll be able to put it down quicker because I did zumba today so I'll be able to go to sleep a lot quicker. Well, I'm going to go spend some time with my hubby...the beans are going to be in the oven for a couple of hours! Here are some fun pictures from Turkey Trots past! :)


First annual Turkey Trot dance....2006....doing the bunny hop.

Dancin' with my baby....SO much fun!!!!!

2nd Annual Turkey Trot....2007...Dad and his daughters.

And here we are getting a groove on again.

More later!

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Weeksie50 said…
lol- Poppy doesn't say NO!
How cute is she?

You guys are to fun.
I can't wait to see the Turkey Trot pictures from this year..
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving too!! Hope you guys have a great holiday!