The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It is definitely the most wonderful time of the year! I love the Christmas season! I love the lights, the music, the cold weather, the clothes for cold weather :), and most importantly, I love to celebrate the birth of Jesus! This year, we are going to go caroling. I'm excited about that. I've got so many pictures, but December is a picture takin' time of year.

Mar and I went to Wal-Mart to get Rosie a little Christmas tree for her bedroom and lo and behold, they had a PINK one!!! :) Mar insisted on getting her the pink so we did and she loved it (can ya tell?). We had fun decorating it, too. Last night, she kept talking about getting a purple tree.

We had Hannah, Justin, and Rosie over to decorate the tree.....I know...there's a big bare spot. :) We tried to fix it and it looks a little better now. This time next year, I will have this room redone. It's been a year and a half since we've been in this house and I have a lot of updating to do...mainly in this room and in the kitchen, although I love the kitchen, I want the wallpaper gone and the cabinets painted. I also cannot wait to get rid of the gray carpet and replace it with wood floors. A golden retriever and carpet do not mix!
Rosie Love, Hannah, and Justin

Our mantle.

I love these cute snowmen I got at the Holiday House one year. I think they're so cute.

Mr. Snowman

We have 2 Christmas tree skirts...one from Wal-Mart (on the left) and the other one a patient made for us...she put a lot of time into it and it's really cute. I let Rosie pick which one to put under the tree and she picked the Wal-Mart one...probably because she wanted to wear the other one. She loves putting on the tree skirts and dancing around. :)
Our table...I hung some ornaments from the light. I think it looks cute, although the Christmas card holder looks a little small underneath it in this picture. Rosie was sad in this picture because she had just bit her finger. :(

I decided I needed to introduce Rosie to wearing ornaments for earrings and she loved it! She kept saying, "I'm wearing earrings!". She is so girly! I love it!

Macy and Charlie before going to see It's a Wonderful Life.
Nana's tree. I think it looks so pretty. She also hung big ornaments from her window.

Little Miss Cutie Pie! :) HA! :)

Sharonica had these cupcakes made for Mar's birthday. They are even in LSU colors! :) They were delicious!!!

We went to Branson for Lamar's birthday. We had such a great time. I want a Hilton mattress!!!! I have wanted one for a couple of years. I already have the pillows. Those beds are so comfortable! I really liked this hotel because.....(see next picture)

It was above a MALL!!!! This was our view from our window.....White House/Black Market...now this is my kind of hotel!!! You could just walk down to the Promenade. :)
Mar's first time ever to Silver Dollar City.

It's been 10 years since I've been to Silver Dollar City. It's really a neat place. It was fun to go back with Lamar.

When we first walked into Silver Dollar, there was this bakery that smelled delicious. We walked in and there were beautiful desserts. Lamar went on and on about the wonderful smelling cinnamon rolls. I asked him if he wanted to get one and he said he wasn't very hungry and would wait until later, so along we went. Well, for the next 2 hours, he could not get his mind off of those cinnamon rolls. I would comment on something and he would respond with something about the cinnamon rolls. Finally, I told him that we had to go get that cinnamon roll where he could concentrate on something else! :) So, here he is with his beloved cinnamon roll! HA! :)

The gorgeous tree lighting ceremony. It was so pretty! Silver Dollar City is a great place to go over Christmas. The whole place was lit up in Christmas lights...the whole entire place...they didn't miss an inch. So much fun!

The next day, we went to the Sight and Sound Theater to see Noah the Musical. It was a GREAT play!!! I loved it!

The inside was so pretty and it smelled great....like cinnamon. They were selling cinnamon sugar pecans! YUM!

They had stuffed animals everywhere. The had live animals in the play. The scene where they are in the ark was so beautiful. I wish I could have taken a picture but they didn't allow photography during the play.

Before going in the theatre.

I just found this picture on google of my favorite scene of the play. The stage wrapped all the way around and there 4 stories. It was so neat. I loved this play...loved it!!

Our one picture together. A sweet girl saw me taking Lamar's picture and came up and asked us if we would like our picture taken together. Wasn't that thoughtful?
Well, I have gotten absolutely nothing done today. I had a lot to do: go to zumba, make some phone calls, go Christmas shopping, and go to the grocery store. I didn't do any of it...well, I take that back...I did get some phone calls made. Part of the reason I haven't done any of it is because it's been sleeting outside all day. I didn't feel real safe driving in this. Oh well, there is always tomorrow! Mar just called and he's on his way home. :)

Comments

Looks like you guys had a great trip too! Love the pink Christmas tree too! We are planning to get one for our little girl's room too!!