Justin got his acceptance letter to medical school on Friday! We are all so excited! He'll be a great doctor!

Hannah and Justin

Every time Rosie comes over these days, she always wants me to straighten her hair and I love to do it for her. She loves it! Look at her expression in this picture...especially in the mirror on the far right...her mouth is wide open with excitement! After I straightened her hair, I put it in ponytails and braids to show her different ways we could fix her hair. She said, "This is SO MUCH FUN!!!". I don't think I've ever seen such a girly girl toddler! It's so cute. Last night, when I was straightening her hair, I put on a long white nightgown with ruffles (because I got hot) and she told me how much she loved my nightgown and that she needed to wear it. When I told her I didn't have one in her size, she started crying and said we needed to go to her house to get one of her pretty nightgowns to wear. :) Poor baby girl...she's so sick right now...cold and fever and she wants to go play with her cousin and can't because she's contagious. :(

I cannot believe that I did not post pictures of Macy's 18th birthday!!! Crazy me! I was so rushed her birthday week so I ended up just getting this cake from Kroger...it was so good, though! The icing was the whipped kind and delicious! Macy was also busy her birthday week and on her actual birthday so we just went over to Nana's and had a few family members and the girls from our small group (it was our small group meeting night). Hannah made Poppyseed Chicken...Macy's favorite!

How can my baby girl be 18?!!!

Heather, me, Adrienne, Hannah, and May.

Hannah made Macy this card.....so sweet!

Pug, Shanny, May, and Phil.

And, I also got these cupcakes from Kroger...not as good as the cake at all but they were pretty.

Rosie was so sweet...she wanted to give Macy a birthday present so she picked out one of her newest (and most favorite) toys and wrapped it up for her. She wrapped it all by herself. It was dress up clothes from Polly Pocket's Cinderella. :) Rosie Love loves that May May!!!
Last night, we babysat Rosie while Hannah and Justin went out to dinner with friends and then went to a marriage seminar. We were planning on taking her and May to Dixie Cafe but Rosie was too sick so we ordered Dixie Cafe and Macy went and picked it up. For some reason, Rosie cries every time we thank God for the food and has been doing this for awhile now.....praying at any other time is fine but praying before the meal is not something she likes. So, after we prayed anyway, I told her that Macy loved to say the prayer when she was Rosie's age...well, that was all it took! Rosie Love immediately said, "Well, I like to say the prayer, too! Now, I'm going to be the pray'er" and then she prayed for the food! :) So cute!!! Also, Macy told her that we like to pray to Jesus because we like Him and when we like people we like to talk to them. She said, "Rosie, you like Hadoo and you like to talk to her, right?" and Rosie said, "Well, yes, I do" and then I asked Rosie if she liked Jesus and she said, "Well, I like him a little but not a whole lot". :) And then when I asked Rosie if she liked Macy, she said, "Well, I like her a whole lot but not a little!". Out of the mouths of babes!!! I sure do love their complete honesty!
I had a crown done yesterday on my tooth and it feels a million times better! That puppy was cracked all over! Cold water no longer hurts it! YEA! Lamar gave me a cortisone shot, too, and I have been wide awake and going since 5:45. I got up and started cleaning and organizing the house and doing laundry. Lamar said, "Yep, you've got the cortisone energy going!". I am starting to feel a little tired now, though...it's almost been 24 hours since I had that shot and it's starting to wear off. I'm supposed to go walking with a friend today so hopefully my cortisone energy will still be there a little. Well, I'm off to hang up clothes! :)
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Love the hair pic! That is hilarious!
Marlos ACE said…
Such great pics, turning 18--WOW. I know she is excited :) That Rosie what a cutie, love the pic of you straightening hair.
Lauren said…
That's so awsome about medical school and loved the pics :o)
Kristen said…
I'm so excited for Justin's acceptance to UAMS! WAHOOOO!
My kids are STILL sick too... we were up 3 times last night between coughing and fevers...
STILL... I feel SO BLESSED because it's NOT THE STOMACH BUG. I could just praise Jesus for this cold bug... fever, coughing and getting up at night and ALL! =) LOL!!!
Rosie's is just too precious. I love hearing your stories about her. =)