My favorite 3 year old

I have updated my status 3 times today on Facebook! I never do that. I wanted to update it again and then I realized that I just needed to write. I called Rosie Love this morning and asked her what her plans for the day were and she told me that her plans were to come to my house. :) I told her that of course she could come to my house so Mar and I picked her up, took her to Home Depot, and then to Hadoo's house. She said she liked Hadoo's house a lot better than Home Depot. She's so cute!!! We made Rolo brownies and I asked her if she liked making them and she said, "I LOVE it!". We played outside with Charlie Bear and she laughed at him playing with his huge stick that he loves. Then we went outside with Macy while she washed her car. It was so sad, though, because Charlie Bear found some baby bunnies and killed them....they were tiny...only a few days old. I don't think he meant to...they were just so fragile and he probably stepped on them or played with them too hard. It was so sad. We showed Rosie one of them because he didn't look dead...there was no blood or anything...and she kept talking about how cute he was. Macy buried them. Charlie Bear was on his stake in the yard but there was just no way we could have known there were baby bunnies hidden in our bushes and to keep Charlie Bear away. :(

Here's me and sweet Sunshine a couple of weeks ago. I took her to Party City to look for party stuff. I let her pick out a balloon and this is what she picked. She loves Strawberry Shortcake.

Rosie tells me I'm her best friend and I love it!!! Today when I asked her who her best friend was, she looked at me and teasingly said,"MAR is!!!". That little stinker!! Mar loved it!!! Then Mar tooted in the car and I complained and she told me that she changed her mind and Hadoo was her best friend again!!! HA!!! :) Speaking of gas, when Rosie toots, I will say, "Rosie, did you toot?" and she will say, "Well, yes I did....it was a happy toot". HAAAA!!! When she is with us, we're always entertained!!!

Here Rosie is singing at our Bible study group. Actually, here she is NOT singing. She is the one in the middle with her hands clasped in front of her. She did that the whole entire time. It was so sweet. When I asked her why she didn't sing, she said, "Well, I was too tired to sing...maybe I'll sing next time".

And, here we are in Target in Memphis. She wouldn't put on the bunny ears so I put them on and then she had no problem putting them on. That sweet angel baby!

Mar and I have been working on the home office (which is where I spent A LOT of my time) for 2 weeks. It has been a huge project which is why it took me 2 years to get motivated to do it. We took down the chair rail, the built in architectural cubby holes that we never used, sanded all the cabinets, doors, and bookshelves and have been painting, painting, and painting. We finally got to start on the walls yesterday. 2 of the walls are done and it looks a million times better!!! It's so much brighter in here. We're also going to take out the gray carpet and put down wood floors. Oh, and replace the fan. We still have some work to do but it's nice to see it starting to take shape. :)

I have been getting Macy's senior stuff ready. She only has 20 days of school left! Hard to believe. We have been so busy with all her softball games and senior activities. It's crazy! I keep forgetting things that I have scheduled and don't remember until the last minute. I cannot believe she is graduating!

I waited until the last minute to do Easter baskets this year. Mar and I went to Kroger and they were out of almost everything so we went to Wal-Mart and I ran in while Mar waited in the car. I really did not want to go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday but they weren't very crowded so that was nice. They were out of Easter candy and almost out of plastic eggs. Fortunately, I threw something together for Rosie and Macy and their baskets are really cute. I took a picture but haven't uploaded it on here yet. After we got back, I made my hashbrown casserole for Easter lunch tomorrow at Mom and Dad's, then I stuffed all the plastic eggs with candy where Rosie can have an Easter egg hunt tomorrow. She'll love it!! This is the first year that she's old enough to go on an Easter egg hunt. I know she's going to have so much fun. She can't go to church tomorrow, though, because she has a cold again. Poor baby. I think she may have allergies. She sneezes a lot, her eyes water, and her nose runs. Her birthday party is on Saturday at my house. She's been talking about it for months. She will be 3!!! 3 and 4 year olds say the cutest things!! After I talked to her on the phone this morning, I was thinking about how she is my bright spot. I can be so burdened by something (and was this morning) and then I'll talk to her and she just brightens my day. I was thinking about how God is that way with us, too. He is always there ready to listen to us and comfort us when we're burdened. He will give us a peace even when things seem hopeless. I was really worried this morning and read my Bible and then really meditated on a few verses and I felt so much better. It's amazing how just spending time with God, not just going through the motions, but really spending time with him can ease burdens. When things seem hopeless, it's so important to turn to Him. A lot of times I won't feel like it when I am burdened and need Him the most but when I turn to Him anyway, He always eases my burden and takes the load off. The wonderful thing is that God worked a miracle and where there didn't seem to be any hope last night and this morning, there is now a glimmer of hope and I am just so thankful!!!! I have had someone in my life that I love so so much and is so so special to me that has been on a destructive path for months. It has been so scary and hard. I have worried and worried about this person and been concerned about this person surviving, and with good reason. I have had a hard time getting it off my mind. Once again, though, I have seen God's grace....He just won't let His children go and I am thankful for that. I have seen Him give not just second chances but third, fourth, and fifth chances. Where I have thrown my hands up in the air, He is still there loving His children. He is amazingly patient, which is hard for me to understand since one of my biggest faults is being impatient. I am so thankful on this Easter for Him who died for me where I can live eternally in a perfect glorious place where there will be no more tears.

He is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!!!

Comments

Lauren said…
Beautiful and loved the pics!! HAPPY EASTER!! :o)
We got the party invite! Tatumn was so excited to get it. Now, every morning when we get up, she asks if she is going to Rosie's party today!! Isn't that so cute!!
Marlos ACE said…
She is such a cutie. I am so thankful for HIS continued passionate pursuit of us :) Oh, how much HE loves us.
Kitty Smith said…
I'm certainly thankful that He never gave up on me! I have prayed for your special friend as well and KNOW that God will never give up!

You are so precious!!
Lou said…
Happy birthday Rosie. I love the pics on Facebook too.

By the way, so you don't think some random person is commenting. I am married to Kristen and Justin's first cousin.
Marlos ACE said…
Thank you!! hope you have had a great week!