Compassion International

Wow, I just read the LPM and Bring the Rain blog and have been crying ever since. How could I NOT sponsor a child through Compassion International after reading those blogs?! The child I am sponsoring is a 3 year old little girl named Shirel and she is just precious. I can't help but think of Rosie when I look at her. I am so thankful that Macy is getting to go to Africa for 3 weeks in June and going to get to experience helping orphans. I know it will be life changing. One thing that I have noticed when I hear stories or see pictures from people who have been on mission trips is that those people have so little but are still joyful. It's almost like we have it worse in the United States because we do have so much. I complain because I have gray outdated carpet in my living room when I want wood floors yet there is a family of 5 who live in a "house" smaller than a twin bed. I live in a house with 2 other people with more room than I know what to do with. I am disgusted with myelf and the next time I want to complain about my 90's wallpaper in my kitchen or my gray carpet, I am going to go back and read Melissa's and Angie's blog about the people in Calcutta and get a good reminding of all that I have. I am so thankful for people who go on mission trips and spread the word.
Photobucket

Comments