A mama's gotta brag a little :)

This has been such a busy week. This is just a busy time...LOTS of senior stuff! Tomorrow is Macy's last "real" day of school (she has finals next week) and is senior signing day. On Sunday our church had a senior dessert for the seniors. Collages were made of each senior and there was a slideshow. They gave a scholarship to the senior who really stood out as making a difference as a Christian. At the end, the parents prayed with their senior. It was really a special time. When they were announcing the senior who got a scholarship, I thought it may be Macy because they were describing her. When they said the person was a "he" and went to Little Rock Christian, I knew it wasn't her. I was a little disappointed (although I was happy for the boy who got it) because I would LOVE for Macy to be recognized for all the things she has done that have stood out but at the same time I was OVERJOYED that my daughter would even qualify for that award. I know I sure wouldn't have as a senior. Macy leads a Bible study at her school, she works with the junior high youth, she gets up early every Sunday morning to go work in the nursery at church with the 4 year olds, she goes on mission trips because she really loves the Lord, she was a junior high counselor this year at Winter Chill and poured her heart into those 7th graders, and she just loves the Lord. She doesn't just talk the talk..she walks the walk and I am one proud mama!!! :) Cousins....Catie, Pug, and Macy at the senior dessert. Pug is 3 months older than Catie and Catie is 3 months older than Macy. They are all seniors in Little Rock. Macy and Pug both go to PA. Speaking of Pug and awards, Pug got the respect award at PA!!! YEA!!! :) He is one awesome kid and deserved it!!! Mar, me, and May May at the senior dessert. That place was packed!!! I had no idea our church had so many seniors!!!
PA had an award ceremony at Monday and it was REALLY long but I am glad the seniors got recognized for all their achievements. We were all starving after the ceremony and couldn't wait to get to Chili's and get us some chocolate molten cake. Well, lo and behold, they were OUT OF IT!!! Isn't that a sin?! HA! :) We had to settle for the chocolate chip molten lava cake. HA! :) I must say I'm starving a lot because the other day Rosie told me she was starving. And then she said, "I'm starving like you are". :) Kids are such sponges. They make you aware of what you say. I act better in the car when Rosie is with me, that's for sure! ;)

Pug (my nephew) is senior class president so Shanny (my sister) has been one busy woman this year!!! She has done SO much!!! I think she'll be more relieved than anything when this year is over. She has organized the senior trip, worked at senior day, and LOTS more. We made collages for PA, too, so Shanny and I hung them up on Monday. It was fun! Pug and Macy went to the same school through 2nd grade and then again in 9th-12th so Shanny and I have gotten to do a lot of school stuff together, but I have to admit, she's done a lot more than I have! ;)

Here's the collage I made Macy for church. I didn't realize this was due until the day it was due!! I thanked God all day for reminding me! I thought it was due on Monday, which makes no sense because the senior dessert was on Sunday. :s I'm losing my mind.

And the collage I made Macy for school. This was was actually 1/2 the size of the other one but I managed to get a lot of pictures on it. :)

Well, Mar's on his way home and we have to go to Sam's. We're out of bottled water! :s One more quick thing....I got a new camera!! YEA!! I have 2 cameras...a small one for my purse and a DSLR that I keep at home for special occasions. The latest one I had for my purse took blurry pictures 1/4 of the time. I was planning on taking it back but never did and one month led to another and another and I ended up keeping it for a long time (or at least too long to have a camera that takes blurry pictures sometimes). Anyway, I realized that senior Sunday is this Sunday, along with Mother's Day. Macy's graduation is in 2 weeks and I just couldn't stand thinking about losing a great picture to blur! :s Anyway, I got a Nikon Coolpix S630 and I really like it. It takes great pictures. My other camera took such dark pictures when I zoomed in and this one is so clear when I use the zoom. I also already know the menu and everything because my DSLR is a Nikon and it's very similar. Okay, I'm really going to Sam's now. More later!


Photobucket

Comments

Shannon Pate said…
I am so proud of Macy and Pug!!! "There is no greater joy than to hear of your children walking in the truth." 1 John 4 (I think) :)