This n' That

Here's the Africa gang at the airport last Thursday. They were all so excited! I chose to put this picture up out of the 4 I had because everyone is laughing, which really portrays the group! :) I have no idea who that man is in the front. :) I am really missing Macy!!! She is gone a lot doing social things but I still see her every day and if she's out of town, we talk and text a lot so I am really feeling her absence. I am so thankful she is where she is and is ministering to kids, though. I know she is having the time of her life and also that her life is being changed. I REALLY REALLY miss her, though!!!! There were so many people there to see the group off....it was so neat! All the FSM staff came which meant a lot. Brandon prayed with the whole group in the middle of the airport which I thought was so special and a neat witness to others.

See our Africa necklaces? Aren't they cute? I love them! I am not much of a necklace person but I have worn this necklace every day since she's left. And to think...this time last year I didn't even know the shape of Africa! HA! :) Actually, the truth is, this time a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't 100% on the shape but I know the shape 100% now! :) It is so strange to me that it is 6:55 pm over there right now. I keep wondering what Macy is doing and praying, praying, praying! I woke up early this morning and immediately started praying. I am not worried about her really (other than her putting her fingers in her mouth and getting a bug), but I am thinking about her all the time and actually wish I was there, which is crazy considering what a germphobe I am. If I could just snap and be there, I'd do it. The 20 hour plane ride and all the shots before make me not really want to take a mission trip to Africa but after I read their blog, I couldn't believe what I was thinking......."I wish I was there with them".
I try not to write too much about Lamar on here because I don't want people to think I'm bragging. At the same time, I never want to forget the sweet things he says and does for me. Like every morning, he wakes up and kisses my head, plays with my hair, and tells me wonderful things. The other morning he kept calling me his precious treasure....over and over again. I know that may be TMI but I never want to forget it. I thought, "I really need to write that down" and then I thought I'd write it on my other blog that I had for years and years...you can make some of those entries private, which I like. Anyway, I never want to take his sweet heart for granted. I know I do sometimes even though I don't want to. I seriously don't know what I would do without him...he's my best friend, constant companion, and love. He knows what I'm going to say before I say it. We always say the same things at the same time. My biggest fear is losing him. I ask God every day to PLEASE keep him on earth as long as I am. I don't think I could go on without him. Maybe I'm a little too dependent. Anyway, all that to say that I came home from my Ladies Group the last time we met and this cake was waiting for me. He found Beth Moore's Texas Sheet Cake recipe that I had printed off from her blog and made it for me! He wrote my name (well, my favorite name anyway) :) in PINK straws...and put colorful toothpicks on it to add color. And, the icing on the cake (no pun intended) was a long letter he had written me in front of the cake. :) I literally could not wipe the smile off my face. I just kept smiling. Matter of fact, I'm still smiling. :) :) :)

I love him!!! Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!!!
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Kitty said…
How wonderful to be loved so well! That's definitely how I feel about Rowland as well. God has blessed me WAY beyond measure! And I could not live one day on this Earth without him either.

I have been praying for your sweet Macy each day and can't wait to hear all about her trip. What an amazing girl she must be. I wish we lived closer so that I could spend time with the two of you!

Does Macy have a blog while she's in Africa? I'd love to follow along. Hang in there, girlfriend!! This time will pass!!
Kitty said…
Now, I'm following, too, and praying for posts made often!
Lauren said…
Soooooooo stinkin sweet!!!! :)
Kitty said…
We need an update, Heather Bug!!