Granny's 90

I am sitting here listening to the Lion King. Macy and her friends are in the living room watching it. There sure is some great music on that movie. Macy has been singing at the top of her lungs to every song. It's funny! Tomorrow Granny will be 90. It's hard to believe she's 90 years old. It's bittersweet. In a way, it's really neat to see someone you love live to be 90 but then again, she is not really here. She's been gone a long time now. I remember when she was first having trouble saying her words. She said she could think them but couldn't get the right words out of her mouth....that was 10 years ago. She was so frustrated about it and then would just laugh at herself. Now she just lies there and can't say a word. :( Granny was a wonderful grandmother. She always won the award for having the most grandchildren at all her reunions...she has 24 grandchildren! :) I remember Granny teaching me things like how to cross stitch and how to make angel food cake icing. She also made the best cream cheese icing ever! One year for my birthday, I asked her for a tub of cream cheese icing and that's exactly what she gave me. :) I remember sleeping smack dab in the middle of her and Paw when I spent the night with them. They would always watch Johnny Carson in bed and then fall asleep. I thought it was so neat because they had one of those clocks that displayed the time on the ceiling. Granny was a wonderful grandmother!!! I miss her even though she's still here. I hope she'll go home soon, even though it will be really sad, she'll be free.

Here's Granny on one of her birthdays. I missed this birthday because I was in Louisiana. Look how beautiful she is!!! Her skin is still so amazing. She has absolutely no wrinkles at all. She always used Oil of Olay. :)

Here's the fam after Macy's Africa meeting where all the kids shared about their trip. They had a neat slide show...some of the pictures were so beautiful. I hope to get a CD of them all soon.

Yesterday, Macy and I took Rosie shopping to Target (her request). When we got there, Rosie was SO excited. I told her she could get one toy. She was so cute trying to decide. I actually recorded a video because she is the cutest thing to watch shop. People stop and listen to her and laugh because she's so cute. She has an opinion about everything and shares it. She LOVES pink and purple and if she sees anything with those colors, she goes on and on about it. I ended up buying her 2 pairs of shoes....a pink pair and a pink and purple flowery pair of flip flops. The first thing she saw in the toy section was this Barbie. She picked it up and said, "Oh, look at this Barbie, she looks just like Ellie!". I took a picture where Ellie could see. :) She ended up getting a ice cream play set and she has loved playing with it.

BUNCO!!! I think this is one of my favorite things to do of all time!!! I just LOVE it and look forward to it every month. I can't go next month because I'm going to the Chris Tomlin concert. :) Anyway, last week if we got a Bunco, we had to wear a hot pink hat and a scarf. I actually got a Bunco last week!!! YAY! :) I'm red because I had been at the pool that day.

Mar and Asa worked on the exercise/dance room tonight. It's going to be so neat! Rosie's going to love it and so am I!!! :) We also moved the guest room bed to Ellie's old room and Ellie's day bed to the bonus room. We've had a busy night! I ate potato chips and 3 chocolate chip cookies, though, at 10:30 PM!! :s Why do I do this to myself?! I'll tell ya why, because I'd rather have more meat on my bones and enjoy food than be skinny and not enjoy food. This is new for me...I used to say, "There's no food that tastes as good as skinny feels". :s

Macy is going to college on August 22nd...a little over a month away. Hard to believe! My life's about to change. I've been thinking and praying about what I want to do in this next phase of my life. Finish grad school? Volunteer somewhere? I don't know. I hope God will show me. Well, Mar is waiting on me. Poor guy...he goes to bed so late because of me. I'm such a night owl.

Hakuna Matata!!! :)


Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, you're from a big family for sure! I am, too... My grandparents had 23 grandchildren! My Granny is so precious, to me, too. She will be 82 in October. She had a stroke 4 years ago and hasnt been the same since. She can still talk and all, but she cant walk and it's taken such a toll on her. :( I've always been so close to she and my Papa. (My little girl is named after her...well Granny's name is Peggy and I couldnt name my kid Peggy no matter how much I adore her, so I shortened it to "Peg" (which is what a lot of people call Granny anyway) and it's Annabelle's middle name. I know we've had the "Pug" convo before-- and a few people in our town thought that "Peg" might be the female version of the name Pug and maybe we were naming Annabelle after my father-in-law!! Ha...
Lauren said…
Awww,so sweet and your Grandmother seems like a beautiful woman! My grandpa is going through the same thing. He is battling Dementia and is in a nursing facility. The aging process is so hard to watch but it's a comfort to know that when they go home they will be free of all of that!
Kitty said…
So how'd you get to the place where you decided that skinny doesn't feel better than food tastes? I'm 43 and still struggling!

I"m also trying to figure out what to do with my life now that all of the kids are in school all day. Hmmm.....I keep waiting for God to open the door He wants me to walk through as well! I'll be praying for your journey, too.
Love that pic with Rosie and the Barbie! Tatumn got a Barbie house for her b-day and loves it!! She is having the best time. She only has a few girl Barbies, so she told Jesse and I that she needed a "daddy for her girl to marry!" I love this age!