Show us your Life (Favorite Vacation)

Today's topic over at Kelly's Korner on Show us your Life is favorite vacations. I'll be looking at everyone's vacations because I just love finding out about new places to go. My favorite vacations always involve the beach...here are my favorites.
Back in 2005, Mar and I went to St. Thomas/St. John. It was GORGEOUS!!! We stayed at the Ritz in St. Charles and would go over to St. John (15 min. boat ride) for the day. It was just so so beautiful there. People drive on the other side of the road there so that took some getting used to. I didn't drive the whole time.
This was the view from our room. It was like waking up in heaven every morning. This was Mar's favorite vacations of all of ours...he still talks about going back.

The next year we went to Grand Cayman Islands. The water there was SO clear!!! We took a boatride out to Stingray City and played with the stingrays. There was a sandbar out in the middle of the ocean where all the stingrays would come. It was so neat.

The water was so clear that when you were standing up in the ocean, you could see your feet clearly. It was GREAT for snorkeling. People also drove on the opposite side of the road there...I never drove there, either. ;) I loved this trip but the prices for food were outrageous. We went to Subway one day and just got a sandwich and water and the bill was $17. It was a fun trip, though.

This year, we went to Sunset Key for our 10 year anniversary. It's a tiny little island right by Key West. This vacation was wonderful!!! I think this may have been my favorite vacation.
The island has little cottages all over it. Here's our cottage. It was so cute.

Every morning, they'd deliver a comlimentary breakast basket to our porch. It was so much fun to wake up every morning and go out and find this little basket waiting. The robe I'm wearing was the robe they provided in our cottages...there were 2 of them and Mar wore his, too. It was the most comfortable robe and I loved the color. I almost bought one when we left but I have too many robes as it is. I am such a robe lover!
This is what was in the basket....delicious muffins and banana bread. We'd always save them for an afternoon snack....SO good!!! There was also a paper in the basket every morning. At night, they'd deliver orange juice to put in the fridge for the next morning. They'd also deliver chocolate every night and a postcard with the time the sun would be setting the next night.

If you haven't seen a Key West sunset, here ya go....just beautiful! This was to our left and this (see next picture) was to our right.

Beautiful storm off in the distance. We watched this storm for awhile (just the 2 of us) with a wonderful breeze blowing and of course, I was snapping away with the camera. :)

There were little hammocks all over the island.
One of our very favorite things about this vacation was this amazing dessert!!! Oh my goodness, it was DELICIOUS!!! This is probably the best dessert I've ever tasted. It was vanilla creme brulee with brownie on the bottom. AMAZING!!! We got it at a delicious restaurant called Louie's Backyard where the tables were on the ocean.
All other years, we always go to Orange Beach and stay at SeaChase. We love it there! There are 2 grocery stores right across the street and it's just where we always go and love. It's familiar to us. Lamar and I actually went there on our honeymoon 10 years ago. We lived in Louisiana at the time and needed to go somewhere close because he had to be back at work in a few days.
There is nothing I love more than being near the ocean. I can feel God's presence there so easily. It's just amazing to me to look at the ocean.
Beautiful sunsets!
One thing I love about Seachase is that you can see the ocean from your bed. It is always so wonderful to wake up and look out the window (from bed) and see the ocean. We thought about staying at a brand new place this year but you can't see the ocean from bed, so we're going back to SeaChase. :)

I threw this picture in because this picture makes me laugh so hard!!! Last year, we took Macy and her friend, Andrea, to the beach with us and when I was looking through their pictures, I found this one!!! HA!!!! :) They thought this couple was so funny asleep with their mouths open so they took pictures with them while they were sleeping! Teenagers! :)

Me and May May last year at Orange Beach. Can I just say that since I've started wearing swim skirts, my life has changed! I love the beach SO MUCH MORE!!! I just feel so much more comfortable when I'm covered. I know people say skirts are old lady looking but I do not care...I'd rather wear a mawmaw suit and be comfortable than be in style and not covered...just a personal preference.
I love my baby, going barefoot in the sand, and beautiful sunsets!

This was the cutest store I have EVER seen! It's at the new shopping center in Gulf Shores. I am so glad I took a picture because when we went back last year, this store was gone. :(

I don't even remember what year this was...maybe 2004. I'm not sure but my whole family including some extended family went to Orange Beach (stayed at SeaChase) and had a GREAT time!!! We need to go back so bad as a family! This is a picture of me, 2 of my sisters, and 1 of my brothers. Such great memories!

And another family picture.

Nothing better than the beach!!! Can't wait to go back in a few weeks! ;)
Photobucket

Comments

Kitty said…
I'm not crazy about beach vacations, but your pictures make me want to go!!
Lauren said…
Seriously, those beaches are GORGEOUS!!!! :)
Annie said…
just came across your blog!
i love st. thomas, it's by far my favorite place i've ever visited.
the little cottage you stayed in is adorable! i want to go there!!
p.s. you are beautiful girly!
St. Thomas by far is our favorite vacation spot. I would move there in a heartbeat! I've even gone out to house hunt online a time or two! Love that cottage in SK, too!