"If I perish, I perish". Esther 4:16

Okay, so my sweet niece, Molly is getting married on January 9. She is marrying the sweetest guy who loves the Lord so much. It is the sweetest story. Anyway, Molly came to our small group in our Esther Bible study last week. I noticed she got up and left the room for a few minutes and then came back. I didn't think much of it. Right before Molly got up, we were talking about the verse in Esther about her saying, "If I perish, I perish" and how she was willing to give up her life to obey God. Later on that afternoon, I hear Macy upstairs in her room laughing hysterically. I didn't think much of that, either, because she laughs a lot (which I'm so thankful for). After that, she comes downstairs and starts telling me about what she found so hysterical. When Molly bought Logan's wedding ring, she got to have something engraved on his ring for free...part of the package, I guess. Anyway, she got a call from the jeweler during the Esther Bible study, which is when she walked out. It turns out the jeweler was about to engrave Logan's ring and they needed to know what to put on the ring. Molly, caught off gaurd but inspired by Esther's bravery and obedience to God, just told the jeweler to put Esther 4:16..."If I perish, I perish" on the ring. So forevermore, Logan's ring will say, "If I perish, I perish". :) HAAAA!!! So romantic!!!
Here are just some of the fam at Molly's shower yesterday. That shower was great....WONDERFUL food and a ton of people. Molly got so many wonderful things. Molly's the 3rd one from the right on the top row.
Speaking of the amazing food, this was the most amazing dip ever!!! The only thing is that I didn't know it was a dip...I thought it was a casserole. I didn't see the little name by it and just grabbed me a big serving of it. It was seriously the best "casserole" I had ever tasted. I savored every single bite...absolutely DELICIOUS!! I started talking to my table about how great the casserole was and then realized that everyone else had chips with theirs. Turns out, the most delicious casserole I have ever had was artichoke dip and not just any artichoke dip....Paula Dean's artichoke dip. The sweet hostess gave me the recipe (I'll put it on my recipe blog later). I am telling you, this dip is TO. DIE. FOR!!! I even got another helping...without the chips! :)
And here is my sweet daughter and aunt enjoying the dip.

Just a few of Molly's bridesmaids...she's having 14!! :) That's what happens when you have a huge family!

Photobucket

Comments

Lauren said…
That dip sounds awesome!!!!!! :)
Kitty said…
I'm still laughing over the engraving, and I actually read this post last night! She'll NEVER live that down - EVER!!! Love it!
Heather said…
What a fun time!! Just found your blog and it is so cute!