We've had a fun few days with Ellie. We all loved having her here! We made some fun memories. She left this morning but in a month we'll all be together again in Colorado skiing! :) Rosie LOVES Ellie and Kathryn. She saw a picture of them recently that I had framed and when I showed it to her, she said, "Oh, that looks like my best friends who live far far away". :) So cute!! Anyway, she came over on Monday and played with Ellie. We made Rolo brownies and danced in the dance room. Ellie read to her, colored with her, and just played with her. Rosie loved it!!!
003.JPG
Rosie and Ellie making Rolo brownies. :) Rosie didn't want to get her picture taken so Ellie said, "How about we just look at the camera". It worked!
006.JPG
Yesterday, we made a quick trip to the mall. I wanted to get a pair of flare jeans at Forever 21 like my skinny jeans....too bad their flare jeans fit different. :( Ellie wanted to go to Romancing the Stone...she didn't find anything. We also had 2 coupons for free undies at Victoria's Secret. We didn't like the free ones so we gave our coupons to some women who were about to buy them....they were so excited. :) Here's Macy and Ellie in the Gap. Lamar bonded Ellie's teeth yesterday morning. Don't they look great?!
008.JPG
Ellie's first time at Cupcakes on Kavanaugh!!! YUM!! The best cupcakes EVER!!! They were out of red velvet (my favorite) so I ended up getting chocolate with buttercream icing and it was delicious!! Good thing I did zumba yesterday! :)
010.JPG
We had Thanksgiving dinner last night at our house. We picked up a smoked turkey from Burgess and it was DELICIOUS! Why would anyone ever cook their own turkey when there are amazing smoked turkeys out there that all you have to do it heat up?! It was moist and the best turkey I've ever had.
023.JPG
Macy always asks me if we can please have real mashed potatoes! HA! :) It's only the flakes for me. I have no idea how to mash potatoes and the flakes are just as good so we went with the flakes again. We also had green bean casserole, Sister Schubert rolls, and Lamar made homemade cheesecake that was to die for!!!
049.JPG
After we ate, we played Apples to Apples. We all ended up getting really tired and going to bed.....must have been the tryptophan in the turkey.

I slept so restlessly last night. My hip was so sore and it's still sore today...so is my back. I haven't done zumba in a long time and am paying the price. I still exercise every day...I walk or go climb Pinnacle or do aerobics but no zumba. My schedule hasn't allowed for it because of Bible study but now I'm free to go again. I LOVE zumba!! Anyway, I am taking a day off from exercising today. I think my body needs a break. Tomorrow we're going to my mom and dad's for Thanksgiving. It's going to be a small group...only 12 of us. This year I don't even have to double my recipe. I'm thankful to be with family. I'm cooking Paula Deen's Sweet Potato Bake and Hashbrown Casserole (from a Nebraska church cookbook...it's delicious!!!). I need to put that recipe on my recipe blog. Friday, the fun begins......the guys in the family play golf in the Granny's Cup while the girls go walk the Big Dam Bridge (we call it the Big Fam Bridge) :) called the Granny's Walk. That night, we have a big dance called the Turkey Trot. This year it will be at the PA gym. It's always so much fun. We all look so forward to it every year. I love my family! Well, I need to go soak in a hot bath and take a few Advil to give my sore muscles some relief. More later.

Photobucket

Comments