Molly's Bridesmaid's Luncheon

We had Molly's bridemaid's luncheon at my house last Friday. It was so much fun! My aunts have always had bridesmaid's luncheons for us so we decided to carry on the tradition and do the same thing for our nieces. My aunt, Jerry Lu, who is a wedding planner was a HUGE help!! She knew everything!!! My sister, Marci, flew in from Nebraska and we got to work! Marci decided that my mantle was too bare for the shower so while we were in Hobby Lobby, I saw some cute letters that reminded me of the banner Kelly did for Harper for her birthday. I got on her blog on my iPhone and showed Marci and Sabrina the banner she had made. They thought it was so cute so we decided we'd make one. I would have NEVER done it without their wanting to. I didn't think there was any way we could get that done in a couple of hours but we did and it turned out so cute. Of course, all my sisters are super artistic (the gene TOTALLY skipped me)so that didn't hurt. :)

Here we are starting our project. Charlie Bear hung out with us all day. He was so cute. :)
Here's the finished banner and one of the tables set up (we had 3 of them). Sabrina and Hannah tied the bows on the chairs.
Close up of the banner. We didn't buy enough paper so Sabrina (my VERY artistic sister-in-law who paints like nobody's business and has illustrated an adorable book) decided to just add scalloped edges. Creative minds! :) That would have never entered my mind but look how cute!
And, a close up of the other side. This banner is now hanging above Molly's bed. :)
We added lights and little heart ornaments to the tree in the living room.
The cute cupcakes we ordered.
Molly's last name is now Bloom. Is that not the cutest name ever?! Molly Bloom! We put lemons and limes in the water. Again, NOT my idea. I had no idea how to get together a party like this together but Marci and Jerry Lu ROCK at stuff like this!
One of the tables. If you look closely you can see M&M's around the edge of the flower pot. Marci's idea. :) Cute! We also put Molly's name around the centerpiece. Mom and Sabrina tied the cute bows around the silverware. Marci bought her Pampered Chef polka dotted dishes from NE. Molly LOVES all things cute (polka dots, stripes, pinks, greens, etc.) so we tried to do really cutesy for her.
My sister, Shanny, got us these adorable aprons with our names on them for hostess gifts. Love them! Molly's my beautiful niece in the middle with the red dress on. She's glowing in love! :)
Most of the bridesmaids....Molly had 14. :) By the way, Molly is an identical twin. Her twin is Abby, who is standing next to her in the black and white dress. Aren't they adorable?!

The cute bridesmaid's gifts.
We had such a fun time at the shower. The menu was quiche, fresh fruit, banana bread, and cupcakes. We all went around the room and prayed for Molly at the end. It was really sweet. I think Molly and Logan were the most in love bride and groom I've ever seen. I'll post more pictures later of the rehearsal dinner and wedding.
Happy almost Sunday!!!
Okay, now that I have published my post, I am realizing that my pictures are being cut off on the right hand side. I have no idea how to fix this. I guess I need to make them smaller.
Photobucket

Comments

Unknown said…
How sweet! What a great job you guys did on the bridesmaids luncheon! Love it all!!
Jill said…
LOVE your blog!! Was so good to meet you and visit last night (though under not-so-great-circumstances). Maybe I'll see you at girl's group soon. :)