My "modeling" experience. :)

When I was in 6th grade I had a small group leader at church that I adored. She worked at Leisure Arts and volunteered me to model for one of their little catalogues on knitting (HA! The irony). Anyway, as an 11 year old, I was ecstatic! My mom took me to the Leisure Arts building where a lady could look at me. I had braces and was a little concerned about that. The lady took one look at me and laughed and said, "SHE has braces!". I wilted. I don't remember what my mom said (I think she probably said, "SO WHAT?!") but I was trying not to cry. The lady then said that she guessed they could use me but that I couldn't smile. :s Well, I did the photo shoot and afterwards that same lady pointed to this beautiful girl in a bathing suit and told me that if I wanted to look like her, I would have to eat right and stay away from sweets (HA! Again, the irony!). It was not a good experience for me and I never did it again. But, here is the picture.

You can tell how special it was......my brother used it as a doodle pad to sign his name probably while talking on the phone one day and my sister, who was 3 at the time, made eyelashes on everyone! :) It looks like the guy in the upper right hand corner may have had braces, too. :)

Photobucket

Comments