SHOW US YOUR LIFE....Fashion Tips


It's Show us Your Life Friday and this week the topic is fashion tips. I don't know that I have a lot of tips but I do know the things I like fashion wise. Here they are:

DRESSES: I have always loved dresses. They are so much more comfortable than pants/jeans. I wore a dress every single day to school until 6th grade and then I changed schools where we had uniforms, which were skirts, much to my delight! I remember a girl coming up to me in grade school and asking me why I always wore dreses. I also remember getting in trouble for refusing to wear jeans or pants to the skating rink. :) To me, dresses are comfortable and cute. You can't go wrong! SO, I wear lots of dresses in the summer and in the winter I put long sleeve tees and leggings under them with boots (thanks to Kelly's tip). Easy, cute, and most importantly...comfortable!!!


I got this dress that I have on at Wal-Mart a couple of years ago.


Got this dress at the Holiday House. They had some of the cutest dresses there this year.


And I got this dress at Old Navy.


PURSES: I LOVE colorful purses...to me they add a little bit of flare to an outfit.

I have found a new brand of purse that I LOVE...Nino Bossi. The reason I love them is because they are colorful and made well. They don't wear out. I have had several Hobo purses and they all wear out and change colors after a couple of months.
I found a cute Nino Bossi purse on sale at the Holiday House this year and have loved it!!! It's green, of course. :) It has been a GREAT purse. It also has lots of little pockets, which I love. This is the next Nino Bossi purse I'm going to get.



I decided on orange this time because I've never had an orange purse. I usually buy green. I'm on my 3rd green purse.

Here's the Hobo purse I carried all summer. I had another version of this last summer. I just love the color.

I also have this bright yellow purse that I love. This was actually this fall. I was trying on a coat and trying to decide if I wanted this yellow purse when my sister wanted to take our yearly shopping picture in Indigo...a store that we all love. My mom ended up buying me the coat and purse! Aren't mom's great?! :)


COATS and SCARVES: I also love colorful coats with scarves....I guess for the same reasons I love colorful purses. I also love scarves with shirts, sweaters, or whatever....they are just cute to me and can really make an outfit.

I got this coat at Indigo, too, a few years ago.

I got this coat the Holiday House this year. I love the color. It reminds me of a Tiffany's box.

Just a plain hot pink Old Navy coat that I got YEARS ago with a scarf from Ann Taylor Loft.

JEANS with BOOTS: I love the skinny jeans tucked into boots and I LOVE flat boots! They are like flip flops for winter....SO comfortable! I was so excited when I discovered them last year. They changed my life! Sounds crazy but the only shoes I would ever wear in the winter were Uggs because they were so comfortable. They weren't exactly the cutest with outfits but as I said before, I will sacrifice cute for comfort. I just can't stand being uncomfortable so finding flat boots has been wonderful! I can now be somewhat in style and be comfortable.
I love Uggs! I don't care how ugly they are...they are WARM and comfortable! I think they are way cuter tucked into skinny jeans. By the way, my very favorite pair of skinny jeans are from Forever 21 and I got them for $9.99!! They are about the only pair I wear because they are comfortable...the most comfortable pair I've ever owned.

My winter staple...black flat boots. I have brown flat boots, too...and wedge boots that make me a little taller but are still super comfortable! Here they are:

These are my FAVORITE boots! They are from Aldo. I just went to their website and saw that the taupe ones are on sale for $69. Uh-oh...I'm in trouble! They also have them in black. I have said so many times that I wish I had these shoes in black. I am telling you, they are as comfortable as flat boots. I love them!!!

RUFFLES: To me ruffles are SO cute!! Maybe it's because I grew up in the 80's and ruffles were in. Too bad I didn't save all my 80's clothes...they are back in!
Got this ruffley shirt at the Limited.

And I got this ruffly shirt at Ann Taylor Loft and the sweater vest (that I wear with with everything!).


HATS: If you're having a bad hair day or just didn't have time to wash your hair, wear a hat! They're cute and nobody knows what's going on underneath there.


Well, that's about all I have. Happy weekend everybody! It's snowing here!! It's been snowing ALL day!! I LOVE it!!! It's also REALLY cold!! YAY!!! I love spring weather but I like it to be cold in the winter.

One more thing: I REALLY REALLY want this dress and I have a $10 off coupon for it. Still trying to decide whether or not to order it. I think it is absolutely adorable!

Photobucket

Comments

Nancy Hamilton said…
Sister! order that beautiful dress! Mar wont mind. :) You look beautiful in anything !:)
Lauren said…
Seriously, get that dress. Adorable!!! :)