Pinnacle Mountain with Sunshine. :)

I has such a fun playdate with Rosy on Saturday. It was absolutely gorgeous outside so I decided to take her on her first trip to Pinnacle Mountain.  She was SO cute!!! Before we went, I told her we had to get the necessary things to take to Pinnacle:  a fanny pack (I told her these were considered kind of nerdy but you gotta do what you gotta do), hand sanitizer, and a camera.  She told me that she thought I should take my pink fanny pack instead of my black one (just assuming I would have a pink fanny pack, of course). HA! :)  On the way there, I was talking about a Dallas sister trip coming up and telling her how she was going to get to spend special time with her daddy, Poppy, and Mar.  Somehow we got into the discussion of how old Poppy was and she said, "Poppy is OLD!!! He is the oldest person I KNOW!!!".  ;) She then told me that she wanted to go to Dallas with the girls and I told her that she had to be an adult to go.  She wanted to know what an adult was so I told her that a legal adult was 18 years old to which she replied, "I'll be 18 when you go to Dallas".  :) Then I told her she had to be a sister or Marci's mom and she said, "That's not fair!". :) That's the first time I've ever heard her say that.  She also said, "Whatever" yesterday to Lamar when he was telling her about his knee surgery...it was totally out of context and hilarious!! 4 year olds say the FUNNIEST things!! She could entertain me all day long!

Rosy and I before our first Pinnacle excursion.

Pinnacle was SUPER crowded so we had to park across the street and walk on a path that went under the road.  Rosy said, "Oh look, it's a forest!".  She was SO cute!!!

Rosy decided Pinnacle Mt. was too steep to climb when she saw the mountain so I told her all about how you didn't even realize it was steep when you were climbing it. I ended up asking her if she wanted to go on a trail (which climbing Pinnacle is a trail) and she said, "YES!" so we began the climb.  She took this picture of me when we were almost half way up.  She did a pretty good job for an almost 4 year old! :)

HA!! :) She did this pose on her own when I aimed the camera at her.  :)



Then we ran into my sweet friend, Belinda!! I love her!! Right after this, I started having HORRIBLE stomach cramps from some meds I was taking so Rosy and I had to go back down the mountain. :( We were almost to the really pretty part, too.  I won't go into the rest of that story but it was an adventure Rosy will NEVER forget...I won't, either. :s I can't wait to take her back.  We had so much fun! We were talking on the way up the mountain about twins. Rosy had seen some twins and I said, "I always wanted to be a twin...it would be so much fun to have someone that looked just like you" and she said, "I wish WE were twins, Hadoo".  Oh, how my heart soared! God has truly blessed me with Rosebud. I have always called her my bright spot because she truly brightens my day...even if it's a bad day.  God is so good to bless us with little ones we can just love on.  :) 





Lamar had surgery on his knee on Friday.  My sweet sista friend, Calli, brought us a meal on Saturday night. She was so sweet to do that! Isn't she the cutest thing?! And her kids are so precious, too. She has 4 of them.  Rebekah and Isaac love Charlie Bear. :) Calli and I have been friends since we were little kids...our dad's practice together.  I'm so thankful for such a sweet, wise friend who is always there for me!! Aren't girlfriends the best?! 

The weekend was just so beautiful! Yesterday, I left Lamar at home (because of his surgery) and went to church. I sat with Hannah and Justin. The sermon was great on peace.  I wish Lamar could have heard it but he can listen to it on the Internet.  The worship was amazing, too.  Darryl Adcock sang twice!! What a blessing his voice is! After church, we went to Franke's with the fam.  After that, I came home and went walking. I can't stay inside when the weather is so beautiful! A man stopped me and said I didn't see him coming.  I was listening to my music and had stopped to text my friend...I wasn't in the middle of the road but I wasn't on the curb, either. It was a little embarrasing to be stopped but I realize he meant well and he was nice about it, too.  After that, Rosy came over and she said she wanted to walk with me so we walked around our little circle.  I then introduced her to earbuds for the iPhone.  I put the earbud in her ear and played the music and her face lit up like it was the neatest thing she had ever seen! She brings me so much joy! I love showing her all the fun things in life!!! :) She asked her Daddy why I always give her treats and he told her because I'm her aunt and like to spoil her. He's right, I LOVE to spoil her!! :)  

I'm STILL having a flare. :s It's not quite as bad because I've cut out all the acidic foods. I have an appointment with the doctor on the 16th.  I have now lost 5 pounds. I know that once this flare is over, I'll gain it all right back. I just love food so much. I kind of miss being able to eat whatever I want but it's strange how I'm getting used to it.  Like yesterday at Franke's, I looked at all the good food and just looked away and that was that...I didn't think about it again.  I'm also not craving chocolate anymore. I heard that happened but didn't believe it would ever happen to me.  I don't want to not crave chocolate, though. I love it so much!! I guess if it's something I can't have, though, it's better that I not crave it. 

It's another beautiful day today!  I'm going to go enjoy it!! :)
Photobucket

Comments

Monica Gill said…
Hi Heather,
I am a fellow Siesta from SLI study and I want you to know that I loved what you posted on the Blog the other day. Sorry to post a comment here unrelated to your above post, but I didn't know how else to get to you and just wanted you to know how encouraged I was by what you said! I have been leading Women's studies for years now... and I still get the same feelings of insecurity- not only in the "teaching" but also in the group dynamics... who will talk to me... fish out of water feelings when ppl move on to other conversations and I am left standing alone... Fear when there is silence rather than discussion... But this SLI study and your post are helping me move to a new direction... or should I say a new response!!!! God bless you sister! :)
Monica Gill said…
Hey Heather Bug! I am so happy i get to connect w/ you because of LPM Blog! It is the best..Now a "follower" of yours... and I can't wait to try some of your recipies on Heathe Bug Bakes... I'm a Foodie too! Wheeee!
Luvthewaves said…
Wow Heather it has been forever since i have been here.
It is going to take me days to catch up lol
I miss ya on Xanga