Teeth and Floor Makeover

Well, I had my teeth redone last Friday.  They were just too white for me! Some people really liked them and some didn't...but I'm the one that had to live with them and while I loved them at first, once I saw pictures, I thought they were WAY too white!  
Here they are before...they actually don't look as white as they usually did in this picture but you will see in the next picture why I felt like I could light the way in the dark with my teeth. :)  
WHOA!!! FLOURESCENT!!!!
And, here they are now. They were supposed to be one shade darker but they ended up being a shade and a half darker but I'm fine with it. They are more natural now, I think. And, yes, I know I have a towel on my head and no make up on. I also know that I'm obviously vain or I wouldn't care so much about my teeth but one battle at a time...one battle at a time. :)

Here's a picture....not so white and flourescent anymore.  I sure do love this baby girl!!! She's my sunshine!!! AND, she's going to be a big sister in June.  She already loves her baby brother so much! She's coming to the beach with us in May!!! She's been talking about it for over a year.  She's so excited and so am I!! My sister, Shanny, and her whole family are coming and so is my mom and dad, aunt, uncle, my cousin and her kids, May May, and Hannah!!! YAY!!! :) I LOVE the beach and I LOVE my family so I'm super excited!!!

I've been wanting to replace the tile and gray carpet in the living room with wood for almost 3 years and we finally did it!! YAY!!! :) Here's the foyer before.

And after.  I know the 70's foyer light needs to be replaced, too.  When we bought the house, that was the first thing I said was going but it's still here.  I don't like the design of the light at all but I love all the light it gives off. I actually bought a light to replace it a couple of years ago but haven't had an electrician come to put it in.  It's just sitting in the box in the garage. I need to get on that!!!
Living room before.
And living room after. We still don't have the media center in there because it's too heavy to move by ourselves.  Lamar will need help with that one...which reminds me...he is having surgery on his knee of Friday so we probably should get that media center moved before then. 

I am still having an IC flare.  It's getting depressing but I keep praying that I will have a good attitude even though I am in pain most of the time.  I know you are supposed to praise God in the storms and while this is not an emotional storm, it's a physical one and it is no fun. I had a few hours of relief last night and was sure to thank God a few times for it. It was SO nice to be out of pain for a few hours. The pain was back this morning, though....with a vengeance and is still here. I took some medication almost an hour ago and am still waiting on it to work. :( The silver lining in this dark cloud is that I have lost 3 pounds.  I have been trying to do that for 2 years! I will probaby lose more if this continues. I have to watch everything I put in my body and just can't eat much. I gave up chocolate for Lent so it's been 2 weeks since I've had chocolate. I didn't realize when I gave up chocolate, I'd be giving up all the other foods I love, too. I haven't had anything to drink but water in a week and a half.  This is good self discipline for me. I know if I eat the foods I love, I will be in more pain, so I have to resist the temptation. One of thethe things I love the most in life is yummy food so I'm really missing it but there is joy in other things besides food.

I went upstairs and walked on the treadmill a little while ago and listened to a Beth Moore DVD.  It was REALLY good.  I'm going to listen to it again because there were parts I missed....the treadmill was loud and I couldn't hear everything.  While I was walking, I noticed that a car kept going around our circle.  After the 3rd time, I got susicious and got off the treadmill to get a good look...there was NO LICENSE PLATE!!! The 4th time the car passed, I got a good look and it was a woman talking on her cell phone.  After the 6th time, I was waiting and going to run outside and let her know I saw her but she didn't drive around again. Maybe she finally noticed me looking at her through my window. I'm so intimidating and all! HA! :) Just because the person was a lady means nothing to me.  When my house got robbed when I was a senior in high school, the people who robbed us were a lady and a man.  My mom walked in on them and they ran out.  Thankfully, my mom was safe.  AND, another time when we lived in Rayville, we came home and there was a LADY in our house...actually IN OUR HOUSE!!! We were like, "Uh, what do you need?" and she said as she was walking out of our house, "I was just wondering if you needed a cleaning lady"?  Then she got in her car and guess what? NO LICENSE PLATE on her car, either.  Mar's home for lunch....better go spend time with him. More later.
Photobucket

Comments

Jill said…
You are so pretty - even without make-up and your hair in a towel!

The floors look great...what a difference the wood floors make!
you are not vain; i would totally do this! love the teeth and the floors!
Stacey said…
Teeth and floors look great! I didn't know you could darken your teeth??