Dinner to Duggar's

I had a fun opportunity to help a friend bring dinner to the Duggar's yesterday.  I don't watch the show because we don't have cable so I didn't recognize anyone but I have to say that I was super impressed with how sweet that family is.  They just stand out as being godly people.  The children that I met were SO nice and had the best manners.  I was super impressed!!! I thought we were supposed to bring food to them on Wed. night so I woke up Wed. morning and baked my brownies with Coca-Cola icing and Red Velvet Cake.  I realized later that I had the wrong day and we weren't supposed to bring the food until Thursday.  I was SO tempted by those cakes in my kitchen for 24 hours! :) I also made a US Pizza salad.  I LOVE their salads...I don't even eat dressing with them because they are so good.  I decided it wouldn't be hard to just copy their salad so I bought smoked ham, smoked turkey, a green and red pepper, and shredded mozarella cheese.  I made one for our family, too, and have been eating a salad for lunch every day.  YUM! :)

Salad! :)

This is what I brought.  My friend, Becky, brought the casseroles.

We didn't want to seem "stalkerish" so we didn't get a picture with them...I wish we would have! We did, however, take a picture of us outside the house. 

Y'all, ugh, I just have to say that I have been put through the ringer physically for the past 2 months. It started out with an IC flare right after Valentine's Day and finally when I started to get better from that, I got a BAD case of poison ivy. Well, the latest thing that I have is systemic contact dermatitis. I am not exactly sure what is causing this itching but I do know that I am itching all over all the time. It's VERY uncomfortable. I was able to sleep last night, though, because I took 2 Benadryl and it really helped with the itching.  I've been sleeping with an ice pack on my leg for about a week (for the poison ivy itch) because it was the only thing that relieved the itch.  I was able to sleep without the ice pack last night AND I took a nap today!! That made me so happy!!! I went to the dermatologist yesterday to try to find out what was going on with my body and while I was there, I decided I'd get rid of a few warts that have been bothering me for a few years.  I have gotten rid of them on my own with Apple Cidar Vinegar a few times but they always come back.  SO, I decided that I'd just have those puppies removed once and for all! I've had warts removed before and although it hurt a little bit, it was not so painful that I wouldn't have done it again.  Well, this time was VERY different. After I told the doctor that I wanted my warts removed, he pulled out a razor and cut them off!! OUCH!! After that, he froze them......PAINFUL!! I thought I was going to squeeze the nurses aid's hand off.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance and this was seriously SO painful.  Anyway, after that, I was checking out and noticed that my finger was gushing blood so I had to go back in the room where the nurses aid tried to stop the bleeding. She put this stuff on with Q-tips to try to get the bleeding stopped.  She did that for about 5 minutes and the whole time I was in SO MUCH PAIN!! I was shaking it hurt so bad.  Finally, she went and got a nurse who came in and put silver nitrate on the warts to get them to quit bleeding. The reason I was bleeding so bad is because I have heparin in my system from my IC treatments.  Anyway, I felt tremendous pain for at least 45 minutes and then it subsided. Fortunately, my sweet sista friend, Calli, was with me and drove for me. We also went the hospital gift shop downstairs...it was the cutest store. If I'm going to be in pain, I might as well be in pain in a cute store!! ;) The doctor told me that I needed to come back in 3 weeks to have the treatment again and I said, "NO WAY, I'd much rather have warts!". This is gross but look at my finger!!! UGH!!!



Seriously!! What is next??? I also got a wart removed on my toe and finger on the other hand.  I had 4 warts removed in all...fun times! :) Okay, so this itching can be from a number of things.  I have been taking all kinds of new medications in the last 6 weeks for my IC.  The itching started on Wed. (the 21st) after my last Tuesday IC treatment.  It could be the medications used in the IC treatments.  It could be the daily cortisone shots twice daily for a week and a half (probably not), it could be the nail polish I put in my open poison ivy wounds, or it could be any of the topical steroids I've put on.  It really could be a number of things but one thing I know....I will be thrilled when it's gone!  I've been itching like crazy! I just hope and pray that it goes away soon!! Well, I'm headed to take my 2 Benadryl and go to bed.  Tomorrow I'm going to Ballet Magnificant with friends....it will be fun! Also, tomorrow is the Beth Moore simulcast for So Long Insecurity. I want to go SO bad!! I was blessed beyond words when I heard her Get Out of the Pit simulcast and don't want to miss out on the SLI one.  I think I'm going to have to, though. I don't have a ticket and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to get up that early after taking 2 Benadryl and even if I were able to, I would be itching the whole time so it seems like now is not the time to go.  I will, however, be sure and buy the simulcast when it comes out!
Happy Weekend!!! :)  
Photobucket

Comments

I looove the Duggars...not that I know them but I love their show! How fun!!
Stacey said…
I have watched the show, and they do seem like a wonderful family.

Ouch on the warts! I can't believe the doc did that!

That would drive me crazy to be itching like that all the time!

Hope you get better.
How fun to take a meal to the Duggars!
How fun to take a meal to the Duggars!