Easter

We went to our Easter service on Saturday night so Sunday morning when we woke up, we were free.  It was so nice.  I love our church service on Sunday morning but I would definitely go to a Saturday night service if they started one. I am and have always been such a night owl.  
Here's all the food we brought to mom and dad's house.  Lamar made his delicious homemade bread and as you can see, loaded it down with butter!!! :) As Julia Child said, "There's nothing like butter" and I have to agree! I made a new cake recipe called Maltby Chocolate Cake. It has real whipped cream icing with powdered sugar and vanilla.  I'll put the recipe on my recipe blog later but let's just say it's a vanilla cake mix with pudding in the mix with vanilla and chocolate pudding added, along with chocolate chips, among other things....delicious! I also made my hashbrown casserole and brownies with Coca-Cola icing. That is my favorite icing of all time...you just don't get any better.   

Here's me with my little princess on Easter.

And with my big princess. :) I just realized I didn't get a picture with the King! HA! :)

Mom's Easter table...isn't it cute?! She put a chocolate Easter bunny on all our plates...she definitely knows our love language....CHOCOLATE!!! :)

Shanny and Mom matched.  I love their Easter colors.

The Matby Chocolate Cake.

Little sunshine hunting eggs.  It's so strange that Rosy is the only one out of all my nieces and nephews that still hunts eggs.   I think we ALL should still hunt! :)

Pug (the next dentist in the family) :), Abbs, and May.  Macy insisted that we all dye eggs this year and I'm so glad she did.  She even went to Wal-Mart on Easter morning and got all the stuff. We had so much fun dying eggs.

One of my eggs.....Hadoo...my favorite name! :)

Dying Easter eggs....love all the people dying them with me....some of my nieces and one of my nephews (I have 8 nieces and 4 nephews with another nephew on the way). :)

The girls
Sabrina (SIL), Hannah (sister), Abby (niece), Mom, me, Rosy (niece), Macy (daughter), Madie (niece), and Shanny (sister).

The guys, except Maxx (I wonder where he was when we took this).  Cannon, my nephew on the far left, just turned 13 in March and he is already 6'2"!!! He is fabulous in every single sport.
Cannon (nephew), Phil (BIL), Justin (BIL), Lamar (hubs), Dad, Sheldon (brother), Pug (nephew), and Zach (nephew).

All of us, except Cannon, Maxx, and Rosebud.
Our dyed eggs. :)

I went to the doctor today for my 4th treatment. I am doing SO MUCH BETTER!! I am so thankful!!! I only have 2 more treatments and I'll be finished. I have found the best doctor and nurse (his nurse does all the treatments and they only take about 5 minutes).  Speaking of nurses, I am thinking of going back to nursing school.  I've been praying a lot about it.  I went to nursing school back in the day (Macy was 6 so it would have been 1997).  I went one semester and then everything hit the fan (with Macy's dad, who I was married to at the time) so I quit to concentrate on my marriage 100%.  I ended up marrying Lamar a year and a half later and moving to Lousiana (we met and married in 10 weeks...CRAZY but it totally worked for us...we'll be married 11 years in May).  Anyway, I loved nursing school.  It was so much fun! I do have to say that I hate bad smells but I can get through that and was able to before, even though I gagged a few times. :)  My dad is a doctor so I grew up around medicine.  My grandfather and great grandfather were also doctors and my sister is a nurse practitioner.  I told Lamar today that a love of medicine is in my genes.   Macy is off at college and I feel like I really need to be doing something other than what I'm doing now. I don't really want to finish graduate school for a few reasons but the main one is that I would have to finish online because there is not a MFT program here.  The closest one is an hour away and they have never taken a transfer student.  Anyway, I was thinking about my favorite job ever and that was when I worked at my dad's clinic.  I loved the patients! I did fetal heart tones and assisted the nurses. I also filled in for the nurses on occasion (just for a few minutes) when I was in nursing school.  I just did the simple things like take blood pressure and weigh them.  I also worked in the lab drawing blood. Anyway, I have already had Anatomy and Physiology 1 and Chemistry. I DO NOT want to have to take them again. I don't know if they would make me or not...it's been so long. I know that I have to take the ACT again because it's been over 10 years since I took it.  I did HORRIBLE on it in high school.  I don't know if I could have done worse if I would have guessed every question.  I made good grades in college and did good enough on the GRE to get in graduate school, though, so I try not to beat myself up too much anymore over my ACT in high school, even though I did for years.  Anyway, one thing I do know is that I will have to take A&P 2 and Microbiology.  I love that kind of thing, though, even though it's hard.  When I had my first treatment a few weeks ago with my nurse, I kept thinking what a great job she had and that's what got me to thinking about it again.  Well, that and just the security of having something I could do if anything ever happened to Lamar.  I would love to work in Labor and Delivery or in my dad's clinic (OBGYN).  Anyway, just something I'm thinking of doing.  Since nursing school, I got my bachelor's degree in Psychology and went to a year and a half of graduate school.  I had to quit that because we moved back to LR which was great, except I didn't get to graduate after a year and a half of hard work.  I trust God with all of that, though.  He knows so much better than I do.  And the truth is, I loved my program of study but I didn't love counseling (except the teenagers) and have no desire to do that in the future, unless it's with kids or teens.  I do want to be in the helping field and in the past have felt the most comfortable in a medical setting. 

On another note, I walked to Starbucks and back yesterday (didn't stop at Starbucks to get anything...I don't like coffee). I wanted to go on a different route. It was absolutely gorgeous outside and the sunset was amazing! I loved looking at God's beautiful creation. The pollen was really bad, though. Lamar and I went to Subway after that and my eyes were burning and watering so bad that I had to take my contacts out.  I couldn't see a thing! :) We both came home and immediately put all our clothes in the wash.  I love spring but I'll be so glad when all this pollen is gone. I'm so so allergic! I'm so thankful for Flonase.  My Pampered Chef stuff came in today. I had a catalogue party for a friend.  I don't have parties at my house for things like that because it stresses me out. I feel like I have to pressure people and there is nothing I am more uncomfortable with!!! But, a catalogue party is totally different. I just sent an email out to my friends and family and asked if they needed anything Pampered Chef and they let me know if they did.  It was fun getting everyone's stuff and seeing what they got.  I'll deliver it tomorrow at BUNCO!! WOO-HOO!! LOVE me some Bunco!!! I look so forward to it every month. Tomorrow night, it's at my sister's house and she's having it catered and she got the best presents. I know because I was with her. I hope I win!! HA! :)

Going to go deliver my mom's Pampered Chef stuff and spend time with Mar.
More Later!
Photobucket

Comments

Lauren said…
Such sweet Easter pictures and exciting what your future school plans can entail!!! He'll direct you!! :)
Good luck with your fuutre endeavors. That all sounds exciting!