Well, I started on Prednisone on Sunday. As my poison ivy was finally getting better, I started itching all over my torso. At first I thought I was getting poison ivy there but that wasn't the case. I was literally itching 24/7 all over my chest, back, and stomach. The outside of my hands were itching, too. I woke up at 4:30 AM Sunday pretty much panicked about all this and told Lamar that somebody had to help me and that I probably should go to the emergency room. I almost went and woke up my parents at 4:30 in the morning!! This is NOT like me!! I was just so desperate. Nothing was working and I had been itching for almost 3 weeks with poison ivy and then the rash. I ended up taking an oatmeal bath which helped some and then going back to sleep (I had taken 3 Benadryl and still was waking up itching). I called Dad and he answered (he always answers his phone, which I LOVE) even though he was in church. :) I told him how desperate I was so he called one of his dermatologist friends who met me at mom and dad's after church. That was SO sweet of him! He told me to start on Prednisone so I started immediately. I actually went about 30 minutes yesterday without itching! I think I am starting to get better!! FINALLY!! I am still itching some and still have the rash but at least I'm not completely miserable. I didn't take a Bendadryl last night because it makes me mean!! I DO NOT want to be mean!!! I did wake up itching pretty bad this morning but I'm thinking I'm going to eventually be okay. I have to stay on this Prednisone (high dose) for 2 weeks!! I am worried it will make me gain weight but I'd rather gain weight and get over this itching!! I think itching is worse than pain!!!

Hannah and I went with Heather and Abby Grace to Ballet Magnificant on Saturday at her church. It was really neat to watch. The only problem is that I was itching intensely the whole time!! I couldn't quit scratching. I'm sure it was pretty distracting to the people behind me. :s I kept thinking that I would LOVE to have the job of a dancer in Ballet Magnificant! I wouldn't even consider it a "job"....just dancing and praising Jesus....I would love that!!! After the ballet, we went to Heather's favorite place, On the Border. I got the grilled chicken and it was SPICY and wasn't my favorite. They were all laughing at me because apparently I put more salt on chips than most people. I love salt! :)

Abby Grace loved Hannah! Hannah was so sweet to her, too.

Oh my! How I love this Sunshine!!! Look at how precious she is! I had no idea she put her foot in the air until I saw this picture! :) I was telling Hannah yesterday that Rosy is like a 15 year old in a 4 year old body! She is SO mature for her age. Yesterday, I was at K-Mart with my sista friend, Calli, and we saw some beach towels on sale. I saw a Dora towel and Strawberry Shortcake towel for Rosy. I didn't know which one to get so I called Hannah and Hannah told me to get the SS towel. I asked to talk to Rosy and she was SO cute!! I told her about the towels and she told me she wanted the Dora towel. I told her I was just going to get both since they were on sale and she was going to need more than one beach towel this summer for the pool and beach. Rosy then said, "Hadoo, do you think when you are through running your errands and if mama doesn't need me to do anything to help her around the house, I can some over to your house today for a play date?" She was just so mature! Then, later, she called me back and said, "Hadoo, thank you SO much for the towel!" Then she told me that she needed to spend the day with me and my sista! HA! :) She did come over later which made my day, as always!!
Last night, Hannah and I went over to our friend, Belinda's house to help her pack a few boxes. She is moving out of her parents house (she lives in an apt. above the garage in their house) to a house with a friend. I love Belinda! She's great! You should see her awesome bed....it's like mine...all about comfort!! She has 2 memory foam pads with a super soft mattress gel pad over it! She also had a down comforter and down pillows......heavenly cloud bed!! :) Nothing better than a super soft sink as you get in bed!! :)

The weather has been incredibly beautiful lately!! I have to enjoy every second I can outside during this time of year. It will be too hot soon. I went walking yesterday and it was just gorgeous.....I listened to praise music and just prayed and thanked God for his amazing goodness! How can you not think of God in breezy cool weather! Also, the scenery I have when I walk is pretty amazing!!!

A really sad thing happened on Saturday night. One of my friend's husband's suddenly died of a heart attack. He was only 39 years old and in good shape. Her and her husband bought my parents house (that they lived in for 32 years and I grew up in) and have lived there for 2 years. She was in one of my Bible studies a few years ago and is just as sweet as pie! I've been thinking about her and her children so much lately and praying for them. I know her husband is in heaven but they are left here on earth to grieve. I was walking a few days ago and was looking at the gorgeous hills and thinking about her husband and how he was getting a view like we can only imagine. It made me smile knowing he was face to face with Jesus but it made me really sad for his kids and wife.

A neat thing happened yesterday. I woke up and didn't know whether or not to use a cream that a dermatologist had prescibed for me on my old poison ivy areas. I didn't know what was causing my rash at first (actually, I'm still not sure) so I just quit taking everything. I asked the Lord yesterday to show me if I was supposed to use that cream or not. It was funny because I actually thought, "How in the world will He show me this?" and then I used a little bit on my old poison ivy areas that are still healing some. Later on that day, I got a Facebook message from a friend, who had NO IDEA I had asked God that, telling me that she had had the same thing happen to her when she quit taking steroids...a rash developed. She told me about a cream that really worked for her and stopped poison ivy in its tracks...she then gave me the name of the cream which was the EXACT cream that I already had and asked God to let me know if I was supposed to use it or not. God loves us so much!! He is just waiting for us to ask Him and He WILL show us!! I felt so thankful all day!! I am SO glad I know and love the Lord!! Where would I be without Him? How would I ever get through the hard stuff! He is the way!!!

Well, I have to go get ready. I am going to a mother of the year celebration for my friend's mom who got the award this year! What a honor! It's my friend, Calli's mom. It is going to be at the Country Club and we will get fed well!! :) I've been doing REALLY good with my eating. I've been really trying to watch my tongue and my words over the last couple of months, especially with what I say to Lamar and the tone I use. I want to be kind and loving with my words. Anyway, one thing that I have noticed is that when you get self disciplined in one area, it leaks out to other areas, too. When I got more self disciplined with my tongue, I also got more self disciplined with my eating. YES, I LOVE food as much as ever but I'm able to say no to desserts and sugary drinks. I still eat my yummy red velvet cake but I eat less calories of other things where I can indulge in that later. :) Anyway, over the last 2 months, I've lost 8 pounds and it just feels a million times better. I can just throw an outfit on and not worry if it's too tight...life is just easier and I feel better! I also have started eating much healthier...like I've been eating fruit and vegetables and I never did that before. I've gotten to where I crave grapes!! I make the US Pizza salad a lot and eat that without dressing. It's SO good!! I know that Prednisone gives you the munchies so I'm hoping I'll continue to have some self control in this department. Okay, gotta go get ready now...I don't have time to proofread this so there will probably be spelling and grammar errors (even when I proofread there are). :)  More later!

Photobucket

Comments

Jill said…
Bless your heart, you've been itching for almost a month now! Or so it seems! Hope it's getting better now. :)

Love all of the pics. I didn't know Belinda was moving - that's exciting!!
I'm so sorry Heather! This sounds so miserable! I pray the itching mess stops soon!!!