11 YEARS! :)

I am so behind on blogging. I haven't even written about my 11 year anniversary, which was on May 25th. Lamar brought me flowers a few days earlier, which was so sweet, because he said it was a very special week. My birthday is 2 days after our annivesary.

Lamar came home from work with flowers and after that we headed to Kobe. We love Japanese steakhouses!! The fried rice, the salad, the soup, the veggies, and the steak...YUM!!! Oh, and we had the whole table all to ourselves!! It was GREAT!!!

After that, we headed to Maggie Moo's for dessert.  He always gets a malt and I either get red velvet or chocolate better batter with marshmallow cream and caramel mixed in.  DELICIOUS! The really neat thing is that there was a rainbow after we ate...it was a full double rainbow!! Just gorgeous!!! It seems like God is always giving us a gift on our anniversary....last year a gorgeous sunset on one side of the ocean and a beautiful thunderstorm on the other (at Sunset Key)....this year a beautiful double rainbow followed by a glorious sunset that we drove around admiring.  Oh, Lamar pulled out more flowers for me after Maggie Moo's...this time colorful roses. 

When we got home, Lamar gave me even more flowers. :) They were so pretty when I put them all in a vase together. 

I gave Lamar football books and a home plan book.  The funny thing is I gave him the exact home plan book he bought a couple of weeks ago and we looked at it together.  I didn't even notice! I looked through TONS of home books and bought the same one he already had.  He didn't even tell me until a week later when I suggested we go through it.  He said he didn't want to hurt my feelings.  It wouldn't have hurt my feelings at all. I thought it was so funny!!! The card I got him was about farting. I just love him how he likes to be loved which is joking about farts and getting him football books. :) Hard to believe that we've been married 11 years.  I remember thinking there was no way we'd make it through 6 months and now it's been 11 years.  That first year was REALLY hard.  The 7th year was really hard, too.  Those seem to be the hard years for a lot of people for some reason. To be honest, February-May of this year was really hard, too.  That's just marriage, though.  It's hard work and sometimes it's even harder work. Anyway, I am thankful that we've made it 11 years! Lamar has  the sweetest softest heart and I am thankful that I am married to him.  He always goes above and beyond for me.  He's been extra nice lately.  Yesterday, I called him, "Mr. Perfect Husband" because he was every girls dream....did the dishes (didn't ask), cleaned the toilet (the job I hate the most), kept kissing my head (I love that), massaged my shoulder all throughout the day (which has a knot and crick in in), and of course, washed my feet, like he does every night in the tub.  I've pretty much got it made! :)

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lauren said…
Awww, such a sweet post. Happy 11 years!!!! :)
This is sooooo sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Hey also, me and Adelyn will be in LR for 1 day on the night of July 15th (my bday!! :) ) I am staying at Christi's and would LOVE to see you if you are available! Just let me know!

Hope you have a great day! Much Love