The last year in my THIRTIES!! :s

I just realized that Blogger got a new format.  I think it's probably been here for awhile but I just noticed.  There's even a spellcheck!! YAY!! :) Well, I turned 39 on May 27th. I can't believe this is my last year in my thirties.  I remember how old I felt when I turned 21! HA! I think I felt younger in my 30's than in my 20's...strange, I know. Anyway, on my actual birthday, we had our sister lunch that we always have.  I chose the Terrace restaurant, which is my favorite!! The chicken terrace is AMAZING!! It has this yummy cream cheese sauce in the middle of it. :) I also made my own birthday cake....red velvet by the Pioneer Woman. I can't make it very much because it's just too tempting...like an alcoholic having alcohol in the house.  I seriously will eat it all day long!! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that cake!!!
 
Here we are at the Terrace. :)
 
Lamar surprised me with this cute little bag and this wonderful salad bowl. I love the green! He has heard me say through the years that I don't have a salad bowl and tongs so when he saw this green bowl, he got it for me.  I thought that was really sweet. 
 
I have to admit, though, this was my favorite present from him!!!
 
HOW YUMMY ARE THESE????!!!! DELICIOUS!! Cupcakes on Kavanaugh!
This is my sista's present to me...I took a picture of the wrapping because it is so me! I love how there is a fingernail file on the ribbon.  That fingernail file is supposed to last forever. I am so glad I have it because I put it in my purse to replace the tiny ones that didn't last long at all...like not even one fingernail long. :)
Does my sista know me well or what?! HA! :) A cupcake plate with "yummy" written underneath it. :) She gave it to me right after we went walking. We walk 5 miles almost every single day. We both LOVE food and so we have to, especially now that we are getting older.

My friend since 7th grade, Heather, wrote me this sweet letter for my birthday. :) She wrote me the funniest poem on it. :) She's so creative! This was at our Ladies Group (LG) at Heather's house a few days before my birthday.  It was our last LG for the summer. :(

Renee, Heather, me, and Hannah....My NLR friends and LG friends took me to Cantina Laredo for my birthday.  I chose that place because they have such good Sprites.  :)
Sweet friends, Alicia, Sherry, Lana, and Amy. :)
Heather made me this book of memories in drawings!!! It is seriously the best present I have ever received in my life!!! It meant and still does mean the world to me!! She spent hours upon hours working on this book.  I laughed hysterically reading/looking at it, which was another gift.  There's nothing I love more than laughter!! I don't even know what I got to eat because I was laughing and looking at that book all through dinner.  After I got home that night, I showed Macy and Lamar and we all read every page and laughed hysterically, too. It was so fun to go back and remember some of our fun memories through the last 27 years!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I have told this story before but I'll tell it again....Charlie Bear was not being very nice to our next door neighbor dog when we lived in Monroe.  I had a talk with him one day about how the Bible says to love your neighbor and after that, Charlie Bear was sweet to the dog next door.  Of course, I am always telling people this story so Heather drew a picture of it...making fun of me!!! LOL! :)
All my sweet NLR friends are always laughing at me because I am always saying, "such and such is the best EVER!!!" I guess I feel passionately about the things I love and everything in my book is the best EVER!! Anyway, Heather drew me a page of all my favorites EVER. :)
This one makes me laugh so hard, just like all the other ones!!  Oh gosh, what a day! Lamar and I have MANY dental stories together...some are hysterical! Sometimes Lamar and I don't do so well at the office while he is working on me.  When we're working together, we do fine but when he's working on me, we sometimes don't do so well. This was one of those days! :) At the time it wasn't funny but looking back, I laugh so hard!  Poor Lamar, he has his hands full with me.  I do have to say that I have my hands full with him, too! When I met him, I met my match!!! :) No pun intended (actually, pun is intended).  We met on christianmatchmaker.com and they matched me with someone just like me!!!  I didn't realize what a hand full I was until I met someone just like me in a male version! HA! :)  
I love these girls!! There is nothing like friends who are there no matter what through thick and thin! One thing that is special about these girls is that they are SUPER honest.  What you see is what you get.  There are no masks here...just the real deal. 
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lauren said…
So glad you had such a sweet birthday....and that book your friend made you is awesome! How special!!! :)
Stacey said…
Loved your presents! That book is pretty cool! I will turn 39 this year, too! :(
glad you had a happy birthday!
you can't possibly be 39; I feel like you are 25 like me! :)
You have been blessed with such a great family and friends!! I'm sure the next 39 will be even better than the first!! Enjoy dear one, Lucy