Happy 90th Birthday, Lamar Lane Sr.! :)

My wonderful father-in-law turned 90 on July 3rd.  Have you every seen someone that you knew instantly was a good person just because of their eyes?  The first time I met Lamar's dad, I knew instantly that he was kind because it was so obvious in his eyes.  I remember a few years ago, he printed off the ten commandments and went around to all the businesses in Rayville asking if he could hang them in their windows.  For the longest time, whenever we'd go in businesses, we would see the ten commandments and always smile.  Lamar Sr. adored his wife (Lamar Jr's mom) and has missed her ever since she passed away. They had six kids together...one girl and 5 boys!! When Lamar and I first met, we were drawn to each other really quick because we had so much in common.  One thing that we could relate to about each other was that we each came from big families....both of our parents had six kids. :)

Lamar Jr. and Lamar Sr.  Love these two men!

Lamar and his six children, Matt (he's a dentist, too), David (a pastor), Andy (a pharmacist), Lamar Sr. (retired pharmacist), Miriam (awesome sister-in-law and mother), my man :), and Dan (vice principal of West Monroe High School).  I love this picture!! I'm going to get a copy made for all Lamar's siblings.

Dan has redone the tree house and it is now 4 stories!! Whoa!!! Here are some of the Lane cousins. Aren't they cute!

Fun tree house picture! :)

They spelled out Lane with their bodies. HA! :) I like the "E" because Drew's cast from his broken leg is the middle part of the "E". :)

3 of my sweet sisters-in-law.  Lea Anne and I were dressed alike.

They had the BEST food there! We ate all day long!!! From 9:00-11:00 am, friends came out to see Mr. Lane for his birthday. There was SO MUCH delicious foods on the table! This cake was AMAZING!! It was actually a pineapple cake so I didn't know that I would like it but it was DELICIOUS!!! Homemade, too! :)  At 11:00, we ate the best barbeque from Barbeque West (they have the best baked beans I have ever eaten). Then, at 2:00, the table changed to snack foods.  I have never seen so many delicious foods in  my life....food was served all....day....long!!! :) That's my kind of party!

Moist and with filling in the middle.

Cute cupcakes.

Aunt Helen and her sweet friends all wore these aprons to serve the food at 2:00.  These ladies are wonderful southern ladies!

90 years young
Blowing out the candles

Granddad with sweet Kathryn and Helen.  Helen memorized the Sigma Chi song and sang it and played it on the guitar for Lamar.  It was so sweet. They were both teary eyed singing it.

Love these two Lamars! We got Granddad some pajamas for his birthday. He's holding them in his lap.

Lamar boxing with Daniel with Matt giving tips from the couch. :)
Father and son sitting on the porch swing. That house is such a fun southern house.  It's got the best front porch!! Lamar grew up in that house and now Lamar's brother, Dan, owns it so it's staying in the family.

So thankful for the life of Lamar Lane Sr.!!!!

Photobucket

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lauren said…
Seriously, Lamar’s dad seems sooooo sweet!!!!! :) Looks like he had a fabulous birthday!!!
Marlos ACE said…
That is awesome!!! AND YOU GOT SOME GREAT PICS!! You look marvelous, ALWAYS!!