Gorgeous day!!


I woke up at 5:30 this morning.  I couldn't go back to sleep but didn't want to wake Lamar up so I read my Bible on my iPhone and went over my favorite verses.  I also checked the weather and saw that it was in the 60's!!! I knew I couldn't miss the opportunity to walk so I headed out and walked in the amazing weather!! It was just glorious! What a wonderful relief after all the heat.  I enjoyed my walk so much and LOVED getting it out of the way early in the morning.  When I got back home, I didn't wake Lamar up and he slept until 10:00.  After he did his quiet time, we went outside and it was still amazing so we headed to Maumelle Park.  It was so wonderful!!! There weren't hardly any people there so it seemed like we had the place all to ourselves.  We brought a blanket and sat in the shade while the breeze blew.  I loved the sounds of the birds chirping and the leaves blowing in the wind.  It was just wonderful!! It sounds so romantic...but the not so romantic part is that Lamar plucked all my gray hairs because he could see them very well in the sunlight.  YES, I am STILL plucking gray hairs and will until I can't anymore. I DO NOT want to dye my hair!!! I know once I start, I'll be doing it forever.  On the bright side, I'll probably experiment with all kinds of hair colors.  When I was in high school, I always wanted blond hair so maybe I'll try it! :) 
Here was our pretty view.  There's nothing more wonderful than a gorgeous day following such intense heat! It was just so wonderful!! I never wanted to leave. I just wish we would have brought Charlie Bear.  I didn't know if there would be other dogs out there and didn't want to have to worry about it but there weren't any dogs at all.  He would have loved lying beside us relaxing.

My little Ban man! :) Isn't he CUTE?!!! He looks so much like a Smith to me.  I took this picture the other day while I was babysitting him and my little princess to send to Hannah.
People are always asking me for Lamar's business card and I personally don't think his cards are all that cute so when I ran out, I decided to order him some pretty ones.  Here they are...I love them! I also got a free post it pad with the same design.  Got these from vistaprint.com. 
I went into Pier 1 a few days ago to get Macy's curtains and fell in love with everything in the store! I hadn't been in there in so long and right now they have such cute things! They had the cutest polka dotted plates, cups, etc.  I LOVE polka dots! I fell in love with this little padded chocolate brown zebra bench. I want it to put in front of our bed.  We already have a really pretty chocolate brown leather bench in front of our bed so I can't really justify it but I just loved this!
I thought this was really cute for Macy's dorm room. The only thing is she already has a green chair and it's more comfy than this one.  In this picture the top of the director's chair looks more like a blue color but it was just the lighting.  It is actually the same color as the seat.
Yesterday, while Hannah and I (and the kiddos) were at Pleasant Ridge shopping center, we went in my FAVORITE store, Tuck n' Cover.  It is a children's store but I love everything in there.  I would love to work in there just to be in the cutest place on the planet every day.  Well, while I was in there, I saw the cutest curtains I've ever laid eyes on! They actually had the orange ones hanging from a 4 poster crib (I wish I would have taken a picture) and they had hemmed them to a shorter link. I think that was the cutest little boy's crib arrangement I have ever seen.  I immediately thought about getting the white ones and hanging them in the bonus room upstairs.  We have no curtains or blinds up there and desperately need them. I haven't hung any because I'm not up there much and so I forget about it but the direct sunlight coming in is changing all the colors of everything in the room so I really need curtains.  When I found these curtains online, I saw that they are actually shower curtains.  I can use them for curtains, though, just like they did in Tuck n' Cover (wish they had a website).

Well, Mar goes to a meeting every Friday night, so I always have Friday's free.  I usually do something with Macy but she's camping this weekend. If Macy's not free, I usually walk but I had already done that (it is STILL beautiful outside, though) or go to my parents house but they are taking my nephew, Maxx, to dinner for his birthday, which was last week.....SO it's just me and my little furry friend.  He's at my feet. :) When Mar left (after a wonderful nap), I went through the drive-thru of Chick-fil-A and then went to Redbox and rented To Save a Life. I heard it was good and it's a Christian movie (I think).  Anyway, I'm headed to go watch it.  :) I'm thanking God for the most beautiful day!!! I may have to get up again and go walking in the morning.  It's just so so pretty!! Also, we have plans to go to dinner with my parents and the Nowlins tomorrow night so walking in the morning is looking better and better. :)  

I'll leave you with a great Max Lucado quote that I read on Twitter today:  "‎"Life on earth is just the first letter of the first sentence in the first chapter of the great story God is writing with your life." 
I just love that!!!  

Photobucket

Comments