Yesterday, my sweet friend, Hope came over. She is just a precious friend and a gift from God. She loves the Lord so much and it truly blesses everyone she knows. She is a prayer warrior and just on fire for the Lord so much. Anyway, I was talking to her about some of the things I have been worried about lately and she immediately said, "Heather, you and Lamar have to read Deuteronomy 28 every single morning!" She then got her iPhone out and read me the first 14 verses. She told me to read it every day out loud. So, when Lamar got home, I told him about it and he read it out loud right then. Well, later on we were listening to Joyce Meyer (we listen to her podcast every day) and she was talking about the things we need to purposely say. She was talking about how we need to be thankful and not complain and then she begin to read Deuteronomy 28!! I was like, "LAMAR, do you hear her...she is reading Deuteronomy 28!" And then to put the cherry on the top...right after she read Deuteronomy 28, she then read my second Siestas scripture verse....1 Thessalonians 5:18 (I'm memorizing 5:16-18). I was just in awe!!! I LOVE it when God speaks loudly. I always feel so loved. I already know how much He loves us but it always just gives me chills when I KNOW that it's Him speaking and don't have to wonder. It makes me feel so cared about when he is so clear. My worries immediately went away because I know that no matter what life throws our way, God is in charge and He loves us tremendously. Hope is such a blessing to me. Her and her husband, Alex, are having Lamar and me over on Sunday night where they can pray with us.  Today, I should be even more worried but I have a peace and am no longer worried. I trust God with life and our future.  He is so so good!!!

Well, today we got SNOW!! I didn't think we would get it at all but it snowed for hours and it was just beautiful. I loved just watching it. The flakes were big and beautiful.  Lamar is not working tomorrow because a lot of his patients cancelled so it wasn't worth it to go in. Most of his afternoon patients today cancelled, too, so he got off at 2:00.  Tomorrow will be the 4th snow day in the last couple of weeks.  The dogs and I just hung out today and watched the snow.  Can you see the flakes falling down in this picture? They're kind of hard to see in this picture but there were a lot of flakes and they were coming down fast...so so pretty! A gift from God.
Charlie Bear loves looking out the window at all that is going on.
REG!! I am having to make sure everything is picked up off the floor or Reggie will get it!! Well, I dropped a box on matches on the floor (all the matches stayed in the box) and I got distracted by something and didn't pick them up.  Well, I left the room and when I came back in, this is what I saw.  Just look how cute he is, though! How can I get mad at that face?! It's not possible! Lamar said Reggie will grow out of this stage...in a few years!! HA! :)  
On Monday, I made these melted snowman cookies. I got the idea from a FB friend who got the idea from a blog.  I thought they were so cute and SUPER fun to make!!! Here's where I got the recipe.  The cookies are made from a mix and the icing is from a tube but they were DELICIOUS!! Macy loved them and ended up taking them back to college with her.
Speaking of Macy going back to college, she left on Monday night after she babysat for Rosy and Banner. She came home after babysitting and said goodbye to Reggie and cried. I felt sorry for her. I think she's doing fine, though, because instead of coming home this weekend to see him, she's going to Ft. Smith with friends. I told her she at least needed to stop by on the way and give him a hug. She said she would.
This was Reggie's first night to sleep in our room. He's in his bed in this picture but he actually fell asleep snuggled next to Charlie Bear in his bed.  CB won't stay on the bed with Reggie for long so he ended up leaving his bed and then Reggie went to his own bed. I was so thankful that Reggie didn't go to the bathroom on the floor!! He is completely housetrained!! I am so glad!! I read the other day that puppies learn a lot from older dogs so I think Charlie Bear has taught him well because Charlie Bear is the most well behaved dog ever. He's just an all around GREAT dog!! He's a great dog for Reggie to learn from. :)

Well, I just ate a bunch of M&M's so I need to go running on the treadmill (I heard someone call it the dreadmill the other day and thought that was a pretty good description).  I didn't get to walk outside today because before it started snowing, it was raining and that was at the time I was supposed to go walking.  I have been walking/jogging (or as Marci calls it, "wogging") :) with Katelind. She is such a fun walking partner. I love to spend time with her. She's getting married in a couple of months and is so so excited! Anyway, I better get off of here to go get ready to exercise.
Here's a pix of Katelind and me at her shower. Isn't she adorable?! She really loves the Lord, too, and is super encouraging!

Happy almost weekend!! I guess our weekend has started since Mar's off tomorrow. More later. :)

Comments

Jen said…
Hey there sweet friend. That is so neat about God using Hope to speak that scripture to you and Lamar! How precious. I'm still praying for you and I hope you have a wonderfully fun weekend.

Love.
Kate said…
Hey!!! I love the post!!!!! I dont know what my favorite part of it was-between the Lord speaking to you, the delicious looking cookies, the cute dogs and the awesome shout-out and pic.....I'd have to say this whole post is my favorite!!! haha
Love you!
Stacey said…
That is definitely a sign from God! I need to go read those verses because I have been worrying a lot myself lately.

The kids have been to school once this week because of snow! It's pretty, but I have had enough!