Beautiful Breckenridge Mountains

Mar and I woke up this morning around 6:30.  I got my shot and then we talked in bed a little and I read Mar my Bible reading plans from my Bible application on my phone. I use that app all the time! I just love it!! It's the youversion app.  After that, I got up and took a shower and prayed again for Macy. I've been trying to pray for her a lot lately and it's been a real blessing to me.  I can see God moving and working.  There is a lot of power in a parent's prayer.  Then, I got a text from my sweet friend, Hope, telling Mar and I to listen to a great teaching from International House of Prayer.  We listened and it really spoke to us, especially Mar because he had been reading the exact verses the night before that they guy was talking about.  Mar was so touched, that he sobbed. I love his tender heart.  I also am so thankful to have friends like Alex and Hope who encourage us to love the Lord more and grow in Him.  We have been praying for years for friends like them and it is so good to see God bring them to us!!  
When Mar opened our bedroom window this morning, this is what we saw. It was so beautiful. I had to go out and take a picture. 
We took our time this morning and then decided to take a ride to Keystone to get pictures of the gorgeous views. It's just so so pretty!! Here's our daily self pix! :) 
So pretty!! We got out of the car a few times and walked around on the side of the road and took pictures.
Thank you, Lord, for your gorgeous creation!!! 
Just beautiful and pictures still don't do it justice!
Mar-e-doodle.
Then, we drove to Frisco to take pictures.  I love the sun shining on the mountain tops.
SUCH pretty mountains! What a charming little town.
Then, we headed to Subway to eat a late lunch and I wanted to stop by and get May May a present so we went in a few shops.  I then decided that I really needed :) to try the Red Velvet Cupcake from the cupcake shop.  It was okay but didn't compare to LR's cupcake place or Paula Deen's red velvet cake.  I still didn't have a problem eating almost all of it. It started snowing while we were walking around the shops which was wonderful. :) 
Then, we drove to other parts of Breckenridge and just looked at the views everywhere. It is just so beautiful everywhere you look....all around you there are mountains. This was right by the new condos One Tree Hill (or something like that) and I was just amazed by all the snow on this little place (I have no idea what this is...maybe a trash receptacle).  The trash receptacles are inside little cabins here where the animals won't get to the trash, I guess. 
After we got back from sight seeing, we hopped into the hot tub.  We have such gorgeous views. Mar's gotten so skinny! I'm so proud of him!!! 
God really spoke to me this morning in Jesus Calling. I LOVE this devotional.  My dad got it for me, too, so it's extra special. It's so good and seems to always speak straight to my heart with the issues I'm dealing with at the time. Today was no exception.  Yesterday, I was feeling a little restless, bored, and very tired. I felt like our day was wasted because we didn't do anything all afternoon.  I knew I was feeling that way because of the cortisone cut in half.  After reading today's devotional, I felt so much better!  I always feel so loved when I know God is speaking. He watches us and cares for us and will speak to us...we just have to listen!!!  Well, I'm going to sign off.  We'll probably hop in the hot tub one more time and then we'll go to bed.  We are getting up early to go dog sledding! YAY! :) 

More tomorrow! ;) 

Photobucket

Comments

I LOVE Jesus Calling, Heather! It really does always speak straight to the heart. It is amazing how each day is so relatable to whatever my situation is! Only an all-knowing God can work like that!