TORNADOES!!!

Last night, we knew we were supposed to have bad weather. We had planned on going to Red Lobster for dinner (we hadn't eaten there in years and love their biscuits). When Mar got home, we tried to plan our dinner based on the weather.  We decided if we went right away, we would get home before the storm hit. Well, we planned it just about perfect..just about.  Right as we were paying our ticket, the sirens started going off.   
Ellie was so scared.  She had never in her life heard tornado sirens.  We were laughing because we hear them all the time. None of us were scared.  The only time I'm scared of tornadoes is if I'm not at my actual house or in a different town or part of town.  Our area has never been hit so I'm just not scared.
Ellie scared.  I have to admit, the sky did look scary. Fortunately, the wind wasn't blowing yet so I wasn't scared we were going to get blown away.
I left my iPhone at home so I grabbed Macy's phone to take pictures.
Okay, the sky looked scary! The clouds looked like a funnel was going to come down and touch at any moment. 
I was glad when we got home.  We all went and looked at the weather out the front door. The sirens were blaring and the wind was CRAZY.  It was also hailing. You can see it in this picture.
Hail....Ellie was so worried about her car. We thought about putting blankets on it but we couldn't even get them out there in time.  Plus, Mar said they would have just blown away.

Watching...Ellie said, "I don't think this is a good idea" and came back in.

Watching. For some reason this video is darker than it was on my computer and it's a little hard to see.
Later on, I saw this picture on Facebook!! WHOA!!!! It was taken from Baptist.
LOOK at this!! SCARY!! This was taken from Baptist, too.  It is so sad because Vilonia (about 25 miles from here) was hit really bad.  There were 7 deaths and there was a 3 mile wide, 15 feet long trail where the tornado hit.  AND, we're supposed to have another round tonight.  Matter of fact, south Arkansas is under a tornado warning right now and there has been GRAPEFRUIT size hail reported.  :s Macy just texted me and said the Weather Channel storm chasers are in Arkadelphia but that it is actually sunny there right now.  The weather has been so crazy! It's supposed to storm tomorrow, too!! I can't wait until Thursday when there is a 0% chance of rain!! YAY!!
Photobucket

Comments

Stacey said…
Eeek! That is scary! I am scared to death of storms!
This is soooo scary! Hope everyone is ok!!!