Living Proof Live Lincoln



I am so late in updating again.  I put these pix on awhile back (there are a TON of them) and am just now writing.  In March, I got to see Living Proof Live in Little Rock for the first time and I absolutely loved it! I got to greet with my 2 sisters but we sure missed my other sister, Marci, who lives in NE.  A lady there suggested we go to Lincoln Living Proof and volunteer with Marci so for my 40th bday trip, we did just that! It was so much fun!!!


What a fabulous weekend!! The worship was amazing and the message was GREAT!!!
Shanny, Hannah, and I flew while Mom and Dad drove.  I flew Southwest for the first time. It was wonderful!! They are so nice and funny!! Funny is my love language!!! Also, you get TWO free bags if they are under 50 pounds. It's also nice because you can pick your seat! I will never fly another airline if I have a choice.
YAY!! We met up with Marci!! She picked us up at the airport in Omaha. She had to drive 2 hours from Aurora to Omaha and then back to Lincoln so she had to drive 3 hours to get us.  

A sweet friend of Marci's had these cookies made for us.  What a fun way to start the weekend...with midwestern hospitality (who knew!) and yummy cookies!!!
Our first stop...CHEESECAKE FACTORY in Omaha!!!! HEAVEN!!! This is where I first noticed how nice everyone was.  Everywhere we went, people went out of there way to be nice. Some sweet ladies stopped and volunteered to take our picture for us. Our waitress was really nice, too. I told her about Macy being in Africa and she said she wanted to go there so bad. Her dad was on a mission trip, too, but I can't remember where. 
This is what Mar was doing while I was eating at the Cheesecake Factory....filling Ellie's cavity. :) Sweet Sharonica sent me this pix.
Our first hotel.  Can you tell by the pictures how great it was?! LOL! :) This was in Lincoln, by the way.
Dad with 4 cameras!! He's always such a good sport!
Mom with her girls!
After checking in our hotel, we went and ate across the street at a restaurant that I can't remember the name of. Our waiter was so nice and was from Texas.
Our hot water didn't work in our hotel, so we decided to head down to the hot tub to warm up. I was so cold from my cold bath.  When Hannah opened the door, the deadbolt came off. HA! HA! The hot tub ended up being closed.
The next day, we packed all our stuff up and headed to the Holiday Inn.  Here we are about to go shopping. The weather was so great there!! It was such a relief from the super hot AR weather we've been having all summer. When we first arrived in Omaha, it was 68 degrees!!! Heaven!!!
Checking in at the Holiday Inn.
Our first time at Chipotle.  Shanny had been before and really wanted us to try it. It was great! A Chiptotle is about to open in LR. It's already being built right next to Chick-fil-A.
I forget the name of this department store...Van haus or something like that.  They had really cute clothes.
About to head to LPL. We surprised dad with a ticket earlier in the day. I seriously didn't think he would want to go. He loves alone time and I thought he would want to stay in the hotel all day and spend time with the Lord. I was suprised because he was really excited when Mom gave him the ticket. He cried.  I love it that my dad has such a sentimental heart.  He said he didn't know men could go to Beth Moore and had given up all hope of ever getting to hear her in person. HA! HA! I also got him song of Travis Cottrell's to put on his iPod shuffle a few months ago and he loves him, too. He was so excited when he found out he would be the one leading worship.
Mom came down to the lobby looking so elegant and then she turned around and a roller was in her hair!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :D Hilarious!
The volunteers had to be at LPL early so Dad was going to just wait in the car and read but Mom said we were going to see if he could come in with us and just wait inside. We didn't think there was anyway but mom wanted to pray about it and so she prayed outloud in the car that if dad was supposed to come in with us, He would provide a way.  Well, the coolest thing...Shanny and I were telling our new friend, Michelle, about surprising dad with a ticket and how excited he was and she said, "Well, he is coming in with y'all, isn't he?" At that point, we turned around and he was walking out.  Michelle then said that Dad could volunteer and that way he could sit with us and come in with us. God is so good to say yes to little prayers like that. Dad calls things like that, "winks" from God.  SO, Dad got to volunteer. He was right in his element with all those women...he's an OBGYN so he has always been so comfortable with women.
We got to meet Sophie (Boo Mama) which was so fun!! She was great!!
About to hand out programs.
I love this!!! People always love Dad.  They don't have to be around him long to realize he is a godly man and super nice.  There was another man volunteer there and he told my mom that dad was one of the nicest people he had ever met.  I hear that ALL THE TIME!! It's such a blessing to have parents who love the Lord and are kind to others.
HA! HA! :)
I love this pix because Shanny, Marci, Mom, and I are all greeting people in it.  Hannah and Dad are missing but I thought it was fun.
I love this picture because it describes Marci so well.  She is the life of the party always! You only have to meet Marci one time and you never forget her. She had just met this worker and was already dancing with her! HA! HA! :)
I love this pix. of mom and dad.
The worship is my FAVORITE!!!
Love this pix of Marce.
Awesome worship!!!
The message was on Knowing Better.
After the first session, Marci accidentally stepped on my toe with her heel and it hurt to high heaven! The blood from one toe went on the other toe and I was doctoring the wrong toe all night!! LOL! I didn't know until the next morning that I had put the Kleenex and Band-aid on the wrong toe!!!
We went and ate at the best restaurant that night. I don't remember the name but it was so so good! The bread was amazing!! It was so funny because there was a table full of girls that kept looking at us.  After we got up to leave, they stopped us and told us they thought we were the singers from Travis Cottrell's team.  That was so funny!! They thought Hannah was our manager.  The singers all have dark hair. I WISH I could sing like they could. I bet those girls have never been so disappointed!!
My toe kept bleeding on to my shoe and I just thought I had the worst cut ever but as I said before, I was doctoring the WRONG TOE!!!
Next morning, up and ready to go.
Beth and "Bones".
See the three brunette singers....far right, middle, and far left. I love the words on the screen.
The signer...my favorite!!!
Afterwards, the siestas got to get our pix with Beth Moore and she hugged all of us which was the sweetest thing ever!! There are a million things I love about Beth Moore....one being that she is hilarious but one thing that I noticed when I got to meet her was how humble she was. She said, "It's such a pleasure to serve you." What a wonderful example she is!!! Shanny told her Molly's story about engraving Logan's ring, which is so funny!! A couple of years ago, I co-led the Esther Bible study in a group at our church. One day, our leader was out so I was leading our group and Molly came that day and wanted to visit our group, which was great. We were on the lesson about the verse,"If I perish, I perish" and we were all talking about it in a group saying that whatever God asks us to do, we'll do it!! Well, during that time, Logan was texting Molly telling her that jewelry store needed to know right then what verse Molly wanted engraved on Logan's ring.  Molly got inspired by what we were talking about and left the room. When she came back, she told us that she was so sorry she had to leave the room but that she had to call the jewelry store right then and there to let them know that she knew the verse she wanted engraved on Logan's ring....Esther 4:16, which basically says, "If I die, I die!" We all laughed so hard! Beth Moore was in a hurry to catch a flight but Shanny told her that story real quick and she was so sweet...she said, "That is the most perfect story I have ever heard!"  She was just so nice.  It was super fun to meet her. 
We got to see Nancy's sweet friends again from Lifeway, Amy and Michelle. We instantly loved them!! They are super nice and fun!!
After that session, we went to eat at the yummy restaurant again that we ate at the night before.  I love this picture of mom and dad laughing.
After lunch, we shopped around the Holiday Inn. There were only 3 shops but it was still fun.
In one of the stores, I fell in love with the dog in there named Maxx.  He was so cute and gentle.  In another store, there was a corn hat which I thought was so funny. I had never seen one before. Of course, Marci has seen them a lot.
After this, I went back to the hotel to rest. I was SO tired after only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before.
While I was taking a nap, all the girls were talking on the other bed. I would wake up every now and then and hear what they were saying was hilarious!! After I got up, Dad came in and talked with us, too, which was so fun. I loved that part of the trip...just lying in bed and talking for hours.
The next morning, we got up and packed our bags to head to the airport.
But first we stopped at Chicago Pizza (I actually remembered the name!) and it was great! They served everything...not just pizza. 

Marci got the most yummy nachos that didn't taste like nachos at all. After this, Marci took us to the airport and we headed home.  It was such a great long weekend trip.  We had a great time and made lots of memories. Mar missed me A LOT, too, which made me feel so good. For 2 days, he kept saying how glad he was to have me back.  He told me I was never leaving for more than one night again.  He said he only survived because Kathryn and Ellie were with him.  We are never away from each other and only spent the night away from each other for the first time after 10 years of marriage. This was only the third time for us to spend the night apart. 

Haven't proofread this...too worn out. Just ignore errors. :)
Happy weekend.
 


Living Proof Live Lincoln NE from David Lowe on Vimeo.

Oh, and here's the video. This video is extra special because my sister and I are at the beginning of it handing out programs. I'm in the blue sweater and my sister is in the white jacket.
 
 
Photobucket

Comments

Jill said…
I love this post and I LOVE your family!! If anyone needs to be a greeter - it's you. You are the happiest person I know and have the best smile and laugh!!

Love you, friend!!