A God Hug!!


God did the sweetest thing for Hannah and I one night on our way home from LG. We have both been sick. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am directionally challenged. :) I use my Garmin app for everything. As Hannah and I were sitting in my car about to leave LG, I pushed "Go home" on my app and followed the directions. Hannah was with me and we were just talking. All of the sudden, we realized that we were no longer on the city streets. It was dark and the houses were few and far between. There were no street lights.  Hannah said at one point, "I'm a little scared" and I told her not to be scared. I told her that Jesus loves us and that He was healing us from head to toe and that by His stripes we are healed (she has fibromyalgia and is in pain a lot, too) :( I told her that He was watching out after us and we didn't need to be afraid. I kept going to where the Garmin told me (at this point I was curious). It said our destination was ahead so I kept going until we reached our destination. I looked to the right and there was a house up on a hill and I looked to our left and there were 2 flags. I told Hannah I was kinda hoping that "home" would have been a church or something and then Hannah said, "Yeah, or that the flag was a Christian flag or something." Well, when we first drove up, the wind wasn't blowing so we couldn't really see the bottom flag but as the wind blew, look what we saw!
Yep, a cross!!!  A CROSS!!! What a wink from God!! Actually, what a shout from God!! He took me HOME alright...right to the cross!!! It was AWESOME!! Hannah and I just sat there in awe!! The lights on the bush under the flags are my car lights. It was really dark where we were, so I turned my car around and shined them where we could see the flags better. We just sat there and took it all in. I mean, what in the world was that flag doing in the middle of nowhere! Aren't flags like that usually at schools or something? When we finally decided to leave, I started driving off and we saw a gorgeous owl. He flew right in front of our car and landed on a fence. It was so beautiful. I took a picture of the destination which is only listed as "Point" because I want to go back. 
When I finally got to my home where I actually reside (LOL), I told Lamar all about it. God is SOOOOOO good! I will never forget that night.....the night God took me "home"! :) 
 Photobucket

Comments