Well, this has been an unexpected week. On Monday morning, Lamar woke up in too much pain to go to work. This was the second time recently that he had to call in from stomach pain. The first time he thought it was a virus but he learned that day that it was his umbilical hernia causing his pain. When he had the same pain on Monday, I asked him to call my dad and ask him what to do. Dad told him to go to the ER and Dad called his friends immediately. Dr. Everitt Tucker was in surgery all day but said he would meet Lamar when he got to the ER. THANK YOU, DAD!!! When Lamar got to the ER, Dad met him there and Lamar didn't even have to go in the waiting room (which I call a petri dish...let's face it..going in there is asking for a virus....and who needs the flu or norovirus..not any of us!) and got to go right back to a room where Dr. Tucker saw him and said he needed to have his surgery right away and Lamar was in surgery by noon. How awesome is that! And we were home by 3:00! I told Lamar he had my father and our heavenly Father to thank for that. Dr. Tucker told us (me and mom) that his hernia was really bad and it was good he had it done. He said he probably had it since birth and that he had to reconstruct something (I think his belly button). He said the hernia was adhered to his belly button. He had to use mesh to correct it and didn't do it laproscopically like I thought at first. Anyway, Lamar has been recovering at home ever since. He hasn't been able to see patients. He is going to try to go in tomorrow and see some hygiene patients but there is no way he can sit and lean over to work on his patients. So, we will see about hygiene tomorrow. 
I didn't go to the ER with Mar on Monday morning. We talked about it and decided it wouldn't be the best thing for me to be in the ER (we didn't know he wouldn't have to go to the waiting room) and that I would just meet him when he got a room before surgery.  My immune system has been crazy lately (more on that later). SO, I got up there really quick after he got a room and got to be with him before surgery. His nurses were SOOOO nice!!! Lamar was so funny because right before the picture above, he said, "The nurse said she put something in my IV but I sure don't feel anything." Two seconds later, he was out! :) Then they wheeled him off to surgery and I went to the waiting room. The lady gave me a private waiting room which was so sweet. My mom went and got me some McBride's cookies and then Dad came and reminded her she had a 2:00 dermatologist appointment so she rushed out and I wasn't there long before they called me to come get Lamar to take him home. He is an easy patient and I am SO glad this surgery is over and done with! I trust God with it and am glad He took good care of my man! He loves him way more than I ever could. He's such a good Dad! 

Photobucket

Comments