Snow days

I have gotten a little behind on blogging. I really want to keep up but I get so overwhelmed because so much happens and it seems too much to write. We had a great Thanksgiving week. It was so wonderful to be with the family and do the Turkey Trot. I can't wait to all be together again in less than 2 weeks!! YAY!! Well, we have had one snow day after another. Today is Monday and everything closed down on Friday. Lamar will go back to work tomorrow. Today has been the first day is has been above freezing and things are starting to melt. It's still cloudy, though, and will be nice to see the sun. 
On Thursday night, we knew we were going to get an ice storm so we headed to The Market by Capers and loaded up on our casseroles. They are homemade and delicious! We live on them! Then, we headed to Mardel where Lamar loaded up on books. I am not much of a fiction book reader. I am too impatient and want to read ahead. I would much rather be doing something else. I did get the Power of Praying for your Adult Children by Stormie OMartian and we have been reading that every night. It's good. I love her! We got to see Tim, our fave, while we were there!!
When we were finished checking out (by Tim, by the way!) it was POURING down rain so Tim gave Lamar this sack and he ran to the car and picked me up. I never got a drop on me! :)
Friday morning. 
I love the pretty fall tree and how it matches the pillow on our chair. This was all ice..no snow at all..just sleet. Fortunately, there was no freezing rain and we didn't lose power! Thank you, Jesus! 
Charlie Bear loves the ice so much. It's like an ice pack for his joints. My sweet sweet Charlie Bear. I'm so glad he's here for another winter. Every winter I always think it's his last and then he makes it for another one. 
On Saturday, we ventured out and went to mom and dad's to watch the SEC championship game. The roads were solid ice but we have 4 wheel drive and we noticed that we also have a little ice traction button so we used that and we didn't slide once on the solid ice streets. Reg was so funny while we were watching the game..he gave me NO personal space and he took up the whole couch! HA! 
Reg loves Poppy.
And Nana. Charlie Bear came to. He was hanging out on the floor. I wish he could fit on the couch. He loves affection so much. 
I love having my stockings hung. I just don't ever want to take them down. Why can't the Christmas season by at least 3 months?! I mean, it's basically one month from Thanksgiving until Christmas. I'm going to leave up my decorations this year until I get tired of them. 
Lamar and I made yummy hot chocolate! You have to have hot chocolate on snow days! 
I gave Reg some hot chocolate when I was finished. He liked it. Charlie got some, too.
Yesterday, church was cancelled so we watched New Life church online. We had already seen the service Fellowship was airing. I liked New Life but it made me appreciate Fellowship more. Not that I don't appreciate it already, but seeing another service made me appreciate it more. New Life was fine but Fellowship is just home to me. I know it well. I know the songs well. I love the preaching, etc. It's like home to me. I've been going there since 1977! Last night, we hung ornaments from our chandeliers. I need to go buy some Christmas flowers and this area will be more fun! 
I spy a scared beagle in the window! Reg was scared of the ornaments. It took me awhile to coax him in the house from the freezing outside. He's used to them now, thankfully.
I don't know if you can tell in this picture but the streets are solid ice.
Got my little door decor hung...actually Lamar got it hung. Now, we just have to get the lights working. :) 
Ice in the blue lantern outside.
This morning, I decided to do my quiet time by the fire. Reg came and leaned on me and just took in all the warmth. His ears were so cold when he came in there and by the time I got finished, his ears were warm. 
BIG NEWS! Lamar and I are going to be grandparents. Gail and Trey told us awhile back when she was 5 weeks. She's now around 14. She is due on June 5th. They are having a gender reveal party on January 11th in Ruston, Louisiana. They will find out on that day, too. I think that's so fun! Gail put this picture on FBa couple of weeks ago of them telling everyone. They told everyone through Facetime. Lamar and I have been talking grandparent names. As of now, we are going to be Pops and Coco. I think Pops is so cute. It took me awhile to decide and I'm still not 100% but about 99%. The reason I chose Coco is because Lamar was telling Kendra that everyone was saying I should be Sugar, which I liked but just didn't feel like I wanted to be that for a grandmother name. I'm not sure why. Anyway, Kendra said Coco and I love it! I think it's perfect for me because I love chocolate and my hair is cocoa colored. On wikinames, it says Coco is influenced by cocoa, the source of chocolate...so there ya have it! :) 
Before Thanksgiving, I took Macy to the eye doctor. I don't know if you can tell in the picture but her left eye has been swollen. She left a contact stuck up in her eye for a couple of weeks. She forgot it was up there and thought it was on her eye and that was seeing blurry from an old pink eye case. LOL! Oh goodness! I'm glad she's moving back home. I'm going to get her taken care. She has to wear glasses for a few weeks and the doctor put her on steroid drops and allergy drops. I am also going to take her to the allergy doctor and try to get her shots where she won't have to deal with these allergies anymore. The next week, I went to the eye doctor and picked up her glasses, which are in the cutest case ever! Also, I love the eye doctor's decor in the office. 
I love my bed right now. It's SO me! Hearts, polka dots, lattice work (on the lamps), and a fun advent pillow that I'm going to leave up as a calendar pillow all year. Last night, I finished painting my ceiling white. It was all painted but I got so worn out last time that half of the room looked great and the other half, I missed spots on the second coat and it was noticeable. I got out the paint last yesterday and touched it all up and now it looks great! If you have never painted a ceiling, it's not the easiest thing. It can make your neck and shoulders sore from looking up for so long and using your muscles while your neck is in a weird position. 

Okay, well I could write a lot more but I'm going to get off. I've been organizing my bathroom and my closet. When my nieces come, I'll have a lot to give them! YAY! When they were here over Thanksgiving, I gave them all my "skinny" pants! If I ever get that skinny again, I'll just buy new!

More later! :) 
Not going to proofread this.

Comments